Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Only numbers may be entered in these fields. - ESPAÑOL

• cecilia
  • cecilia's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #121206 by cecilia
I am using the version "Versión 2.05+ Build 131209" (provided by my university, so, I can't change it).
I would like to use the option "multiple numerical input". But, the phrase "Only numbers may be entered in these fields." is not translated.
Do you know how I can hide it?
In the question type "numerical input" this phrase is translated "Sólo se pueden introducir números en este campo."
Thanks in advance,
Cecilia
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #121210 by Ben_V
Hi,
in the advanced settings of the question (1st "Display" block) switch "hide tip" to "Yes"

This said, your issue is quiet strange... I've test with an old 1.90 version and the last software release (2.05) and there is no problem ( Spanish => Spain ).
Which software version are you using (reference shown in the admin footer after log-in ) ?
Are you using Spanish (Spain) language or another one (Mex, Chile, Argentina...) ?

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ben_V.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 9 months ago #121213 by holch
You can always help to fill the gaps in translation, help from the community is always welcome. It is quite simple and depending on the coordinator, changes make it quite quickly into the main release:
translate.limesurvey.org/projects/limesurvey2

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• cecilia
More
8 years 9 months ago #121222 by cecilia
Thank for your prompt reply.
I'm sending a pdf with screen captures. See page 2. I put "Ocultar ayuda = Sí" but I see "Only numbers may be entered in these fields."
My university has this version: Versión 2.05+ Build 131209
I am using Lenguage base: Español (Base language: Spanish).
Thanks in advance for your help!
  • cecilia
More
8 years 9 months ago #121223 by cecilia
Holch, thank for the suggestion. I will try to collaborate. At this moment, I am trying to solve a problem in a context where I cann't change a lot of thing because I am using a version installed in my university, I don't have all permits.
  • holch
More
8 years 9 months ago #121224 by holch
The version you are using is about 1,5 years old. Most probably, this has already been translated for newer version. I really don't get why universities don't do regular updates. I mean they don't have to go for each update, but within 1,5 years they should be able to go to a newer version.

Now to your problem: You could probably hide this part via Javascript, but I assume your university doesn't allow you to use Javascript in the surveys. Maybe there is also the possibility to hide this via CSS, but this depends very much on the template you are using and if you have access to the template system and are allowed to make changes.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose