Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Permission errors on submitting forms

• sbittner
  • sbittner's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #120173 by sbittner
Permission errors on submitting forms was created by sbittner
Hey guys!

I just did a v2.05+ Build 150508 clean install without any third-party stuff on hosted space, Apache, PHP 5.4. Link: mini-grid.net/survey/
At limesurvey install all checks exept for LDAP were 'OK'.

I can enter the admin area, even add a survey. But at various admin-pages I get errors after submitting a form or content.
Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /survey/index.php/admin/templates/sa/templatesavechanges on this server.
(Which is an example what happens when I try to edit a template. Same for editing text in a surveys description etc.)

I have /upload and /temp readable. Also I uploaded everything in binary mode via FTP. I followed the manual and searched google/the forum.

The only observation I have is that the error somehow seems to be related to the amount of characters I enter into a form. Example: When editing the general text elements of a survey, it accepts a content of '123' in either of the fields, but as soon as I type a whole sentence or mark text bold etc. I get the error message again.

Any ideas what's going on here? Thanks for your time and help!
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by sbittner. Reason: Forgot Build Nr.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 10 months ago #120307 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Permission errors on submitting forms
Hi,

There is server security settings here.

Look at your error log to know how to fix it exactly.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sbittner
  • sbittner
  • sbittner's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #120355 by sbittner
Replied by sbittner on topic Permission errors on submitting forms
Hey Denis,

thanks! Now that I knew what to look for, I did not just find out that mod_security rules were the issue, but also that a lot of other users experience problems with LimeSurvey and active mod_security.

Wouldn't it be great if those issues could be solved by the LimeSurvey team? (Since most other CMS don't interfere with mod_security - should be possible to avoid those problems!?)
Or at least a chapter in installation manual/trouble shooting FAQ would be great!

Again, thank you!
Simon

EDIT: Actual solution to the problem was to contact my hoster and ask for switching of mod_security.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by sbittner. Reason: Solution added

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose