Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Won't create database

More
8 years 10 months ago #119701 by fush
Won't create database was created by fush
I'm having issues with the database creation part of the setup wizard. I'm running IIS on Windows Server 2012 R2, PHP 5.6, SQL 2008 R2. I have the SQL PDOs installed and they're showing as enabled. I've installed both SQL Native Client 2008 and 2012. When I try to enter my SQL server info, it says "Connection with database failed. Please check database location, user name and password and try again." I know my login info is correct for the SQL server
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 10 months ago #119702 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Won't create database
Did you create the database already? I don't think Limesurvey is creating the database for you.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 10 months ago #119742 by fush
Replied by fush on topic Won't create database
Yes I've tried both ways, without a database created and with a database created. Both get the same error.
More
8 years 10 months ago #119747 by fush
Replied by fush on topic Won't create database
Oh wow, okay I finally figured this out. I needed to install the Microsoft® ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server located here: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36434

Once that was installed it was all good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bnosie
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 10 months ago #119760 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Won't create database

fush wrote: Oh wow, okay I finally figured this out. I needed to install the Microsoft® ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server located here: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36434

Once that was installed it was all good.

Can you search on our manual if you find someting on this ?
If not : can you improve our manual adding it ?

manual.limesurvey.org/Installation_FAQ here maybe

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
8 years 10 months ago #120055 by bnosie
Replied by bnosie on topic Won't create database
Did you have to do anything else other than install the ODBC driver? That didn't work for me. I already had ver 6 ODBC driver installed, and I installed ver 11. Still getting this error. I'm thinking I don't have the PDO driver configured correctly, but any documentation I find for this is rather sketchy.

Very frustrating. I am still running an instance of Limesurvey v 1.91 on a linux box because the SQL connection worked. Have never been able to get it to work from an IIS box, but really need to.
More
8 years 10 months ago #120057 by bnosie
Replied by bnosie on topic Won't create database
Update: I used a SQL account and it worked fine. I could not get an AD account to work.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose