Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looping

Looping 1 week 6 days ago #124000

• jelo
  • Platinum Donor
  • Thank you received: 94
jplambeck wrote:
That is part of the reason why online market research is dead in my opinion.
Good news for LimeSurvey :( The software industry is focusing of Enterprise Feedback instead of surveys. More short questions directly send to the customers and users. The shorter surveys will be coming, when mobile first hit the surveys. Limesurvey is not offering enterprise feedback tools at all, but two good templates for a yearly amount of money would help to please the eye a bit more.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looping 1 week 6 days ago #124003

• jplambeck
  • Fresh Lemon
Don't get me wrong, I love LimeSurvey as a flexible survey tool, even though I rarely use it for typical online research. I also think that LimeSurvey is on the right track with the theme and plugin API. Just look at WordPress: It used to be just a blog software and nowadays you can easily build everything from an online shop, a forum, a wiki up to a whole intranet portal with it - just by using plugins and themes.

I just think that in this case of looping it won't be possible to do it as a plugin. But I might look into that at another time.

Looping 1 week 6 days ago #124004

• jelo
  • Platinum Donor
  • Thank you received: 94
jplambeck wrote:
I just think that in this case of looping it won't be possible to do it as a plugin. But I might look into that at another time.
There is a discussion going on about plugin. When you look at Joomla CMS there are parts programmed as plugins but always shipped and updated with the core installation. These "plugins" cannot be deactivated. The programmers want to be able to switch on and off parts of the code without stopping other parts of Limesurvey keep on working. Which will help to program and debug faster.

But back to the topic. A looping feature is wanted. 500 USD are in the pot, right? Limesurvey 3.0 is in the making. Who wants to see looping in LS3.0 and what can everybody bring to the table.

Let's see how this thread evolves.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds