Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New charts

New charts 4 years 3 months ago #61628

• Danimal
  • Fresh Lemon
I started using 1.90 a long time ago and have enjoyed it very much. The survey generated much more traffic to my website than I ever expected.

I was pretty happy to see that 1.91 is available. I promptly upgraded, but nicely enough, the upgrade wizard pointed out that I had rewritten about six files in 1.90, and it asked if I really wanted to replace them. Oh my! I had forgotten about all the modifications I had done! I was even going to send some of my ideas to the people at Lime Survey to recommend a few significant changes, but somehow I never did that.

So I stopped the upgrade process. Everything seems to be working fine, expect when I download to Excel. Can't find some file it needs. So I'm not sure if I should go forward and do a fully new install and lose my modifications or go backward and use the old 1.90 with my modified files, if I can figure out which ones they are.

One of the more cool things I did was change the appearance of the output on the statistics page. Like this example. It's easy enough if you just copy a little code from one of the many tutorials available.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: New charts 4 years 3 months ago #61719

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 334
Danimal, these charts look really nice. Which charting library did you use to create them? To discuss your changes in more detail I created a new topic out of your post.

About your update question: I think the best approach would be to set up a fresh 1.91 version and merge your changes with the 1.91 files. When running the comfort update you should see a list of files you have modified so it should be easy to find out which ones you have to edit later.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds