Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

disabling auto play for audio files

• soconn
  • soconn's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #111843 by soconn
disabling auto play for audio files was created by soconn
Hello,

I want the people taking my survey to listen to a short audio clip and then answer questions about it.

I have uploaded the audio files and placed them where I want them (1 audio file per Question Group). However, the audio automatically plays when moving from one question group to the next, even though I unchecked the "Auto Play" option under "variables for Flash" on the "properties" tab when uploading. Below is the source code, which also appears to show play as "false," so I'm not sure why the audio automatically plays when moving through the survey question groups.

Any advice on preventing the auto play of audio files would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen

<p>
Click the play button to listen to the audio clip. Then answer the questions below.</p>
<p>
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase=" download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/ca...cab#version=6,0,40,0 " data="/upload/surveys/88422/flash/RE_05a048RP_1.swf"> www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer " quality="high" src="/upload/surveys/88422/flash/RE_05a048RP_1.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 6 months ago #111850 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic disabling auto play for audio files
Hi,

For such a system, i think i use a Jquery plugin : jplayer.org/ for the first example or malsup.com/jquery/media/ or ... see "search web site"

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose