Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

New template based on Bootstrap

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 9 months ago #121204 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic Roadmap
The new Limesurvey website is available to the public now. We are looking forward to your feedback.

Currently we are working on the single-sign-on for website/wiki/bugtracker. You should be able to log in at the wiki with your forum account details.

We are also collecting ideas about adjusting the forum's CSS. So if there is anything on your wish list, please let us know.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 9 months ago #121218 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Roadmap
Why is that post in this thread? Nearly every forum I know has a section for website/forum related things. Beside the news section a little messy section for post like this would make easier.

CSS Forum : I am missing a different background for quotes. Or at least a box around quotes. That's is the biggest issue I face when looking at threads. Quotes are hard to see.
Thanks.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 9 months ago #121269 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Roadmap
I have started a new thread in the news forum for feedback on the appearance and functionality of the new forum - www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/news/100539-...edback-wanted#121268

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #121480 by fvanderstarre
Replied by fvanderstarre on topic New template based on Bootstrap
Hi Tammo,
I downloaded the tfr template and test survey, thanks!
Some comments on the test survey:
  • For additional language nl-informal, most of the answer options and all subquestions still have to be added? It doen't look very nice now...
  • Our setup is based on PDO_dblib/FreeTDS/mssql. In your test survey, after clicking Next, I get a database error: "Internal Server Error
    CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 20019 Attempt to initiate a new Adaptive Server operation with results pending [20019] (severity 7) [(null)]
  • " (even after activating the survey).
    Did you apply some special coding in javascript somewhere? I wasn't able to figure that out.
Thx, Frank van der Starre
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by fvanderstarre. Reason: Additional information
More
8 years 9 months ago #121485 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic New template based on Bootstrap

fvanderstarre wrote:

• Our setup is based on PDO_dblib/FreeTDS/mssql. In your test survey, after clicking Next, I get a database error: "Internal Server Error
    CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 20019 Attempt to initiate a new Adaptive Server operation with results pending [20019] (severity 7) [(null)]
  • ". Did you apply some special coding in javascript somewhere? I wasn't able to figure that out.
    [/ul]

Looks like a bug unrelated to the template.
    www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/installation...08-on-windows#120669
    What version of LimeSurvey is installed?

More
    8 years 9 months ago #121487 by fvanderstarre
    Other surveys are working just fine! 2.05+ build 150310.
    More
    8 years 9 months ago #121496 by fvanderstarre
    Issue seems to be PHP/FreeTDS/mssql related, please ignore.
    More
    8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #123192 by jelo
    The following aspects caught my eyes when using the commercial demo of the TFR 1.4 on the 21th of July.
    limesurvey-templates.com/demo205/

On the GIT page github.com/toolsforresearch/tfr_responsive
    this is mentioned as known issue.

dialog for date/time setting needs better styling

On the commerical page it isn't mentioned.

Same as above.

dialog for uploading files needs better styling (it is now a mix of standard jQuery and our design)

The textlabels (e.g. for remaining points) are not shown in a good color. The values on the slider are not really inside the colored boxes.

The grey tones are changing when hoover over the rows with the mouse pointer.
    But the hover/highlight grey is the same as one of the row colors. So the hover effect is really seen by the respondent.

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by jelo.
    • tpartner
    More
    8 years 7 months ago #123195 by tpartner
    Replied by tpartner on topic New template based on Bootstrap
    This forum is for limesurvey.org and has no affiliation with limesurvey-templates.com. Please contact their support for issues with their templates.

Cheers,
    Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
    More
    8 years 7 months ago #123200 by jelo

tpartner wrote: This forum is for limesurvey.org and has no affiliation with limesurvey-templates.com. Please contact their support for issues with their templates.

I am not asking for support. I just document issues with the template which is also offered via the repository on limesurvey.org.
    And since I did the same with older released of this template I have no reason to not post to this thread.
    As long a the github page is not attracting as many users as this forum I prefer posting here. If the Limesurvey Team no longer accept this kind of posts I will stop doing so.

• LouisGac
    • Visitor
    • Visitor
    8 years 7 months ago #123209 by LouisGac
    Replied by LouisGac on topic New template based on Bootstrap
    @jelo

thanks a lot for your report. It is highly appreciated.
    I'm working on a new version of the template for the admin interface, and this kind of report you're doing will be very useful to me in the future.
    See :
    www.limesurvey.org/en/community-services...2-07-preview-version

Right now, it's not stable enough, and it's going to change a lot. But I love detailed reports, with screenshot and argumented critics.

About limesurvey-templates.com, it's a different company than limesurvey.org, you should present your report directly to them.
    • tpartner
    More
    8 years 7 months ago #123212 by tpartner
    Replied by tpartner on topic New template based on Bootstrap
    I'm sorry, it looked like a support request to me - a list of deficiencies - but I stand corrected. Perhaps you should ask limesurvey-templates.com to implement their own forum.

Cheers,
    Tony Partner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose