Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Hide / show question group issues since upgrading to 2.05+

More
10 years 1 month ago #104111 by mvdct
Hi all,

I've recently upgraded to LS v2.05+ and PHP 5.3(!). Something which seemed to work fine under the old version now seems not too work. Very simply its the: "Hide question group if answer from previous question is Yes or No" feature as explained in the manual here ( manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager_Examples ). The crux of it being an relevance equation like this: ((RPSintro == "Y"))

I haven't changed my survey since the upgrade, and yet the: click yes and questions appear functionality seems to have disappeared.

Also the relevance equation now displays as this: "((RPSintro.NAOK == "Y"))" and when I go to edit it, I am unable to because it says: "Note: You can't edit the relevance equation because there are currently conditions set for this question."

I'll upload a stripped down version of the questionnaire to this post so see if you can verify / help solve my issue. I'm currently using Version 2.05+ Build 140116.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 1 month ago #104113 by holch
Well, do you have conditions in the questionnaire that use the Expression? Then I would try to get rid of them, try to adapt the equation and than activate them again and check what happens.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
10 years 1 month ago #104114 by holch
Did a quick test and imported your survey in my LS 2.05 test environment and the questionnaire seems to work just fine:

When you click yes, two questions appear, whenn you click no, they don't appear. This is what you are actually telling Limesurvey to do in the relevance equation, so I assume this is correct.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mvdct
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #104116 by mvdct
Hi Holch (again),

You're right. That is exactly what should happen. And is exactly what used to happen before I upgraded.

However, for some reason, that isn't happening on my set up now.

Hmmm.

What could be different between my set up and yours, which means that the survey works as it should for you and doesn't work for me? Is there a global setting I could have switched off?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by mvdct. Reason: another thought...
  • holch
More
10 years 1 month ago #104135 by holch
Did you try to import your little survey and see if it works there on your installation? Just to make sure that it is not a problem with this exact survey only.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mvdct
More
10 years 1 month ago #104140 by mvdct
Hi Holch,

Thanks again.

I did. I tried starting again - and rewrote things from scratch. I've just done so again. I'm still getting strange behavior. Take a look at the two attached surveys. To my mind they both so the same thing:
A yes / no question
Followed by a "If yes" another question appears.

The only difference being, survey_01 does this over two pages, survey_02 does it all on one page. Now, on my current install (Version 2.05+ Build 140116) survey_01 (over two pages) works fine, but survey_02 (all on one page) doesn't work at all. I have no idea why.

My hunch is that both will work for you... but this brings me back to yesterdays question. Why do they work on yours and not on mine?

Best,
Miles
More
10 years 1 month ago #104141 by mvdct
Hi Holch,

I solved it. Again your help was vital, so thank you.

What was important was if it was working for you but not for me, it 'had' to be something different at my end. I realised that I had tweaked my original template slightly - and I really do mean slightly.

The tweaked version worked fine in the old version of LS, but not in the new version. So I simply copied the new template, dropped my old tweak into the new version of the css file and now it works fine.

Thanks again for your help.
Best,
Miles
More
8 years 1 month ago #130524 by pio
Hello,

I have a problem with Hide/show questions group.

I use
Relevance: ((LebenMitPartner.NAOK == N)) or
Relevance: LebenMitPartner== N

The groups are always skipped, regardless if the question ( Type: Yes/No ) LebenMitPartner is answered with a yes or no.

I don't understand it... Any ideas?
More
8 years 1 month ago #130526 by pio
sorry, guys; just forgot the parenthesis

it should be:

LebenMitPartner == 'Y'

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose