Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: First slider in question group not displayed correctly

First slider in question group not displayed correctly 8 months 1 week ago #98862

• AdrianB
Hi all,

Using LS 2.00+ Build 130708, I have run into a problem with custom templates and question groups that have multiple slider questions. The symptoms match up with this post: www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/installation...a-right-text-display

Say I have a set of 3 slider questions in a question group. The first slider question's layout is always broken, and the remaining two are always correct. Reordering the questions within the group shows that it's always the first slider with layout problems, not the others. So, the particular question wording, end labels, and other parameters don't seem to be the problem.

Using the page inspector, I can see that for the correct layouts, we have this code being used:

.numeric-multi div.multinum-slider {
width: auto;
float: left;
margin-top: 1.5em;
margin-bottom: 0.2em;
}

...but this code is not present when I inspect the first slider, and I really don't know why.

The problem only occurs with my custom templates even though I did not attempt to change anything related to sliders; the default templates work fine. I've attached an .lss file along with the template and a screenshot.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
A.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

First slider in question group not displayed correctly 8 months 1 week ago #98870

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 715
Hi,

A test link ? (a survey with this behaviour in real situation)

Denis

First slider in question group not displayed correctly 8 months 1 week ago #98874

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
You have some invalid HTML in startgroup.pstpl. Removing this fixes the problem with the sliders.

Attachment Capture2_2013-08-06.JPG not found

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

First slider in question group not displayed correctly 8 months 1 week ago #98876

• AdrianB
tpartner wrote:
You have some invalid HTML in startgroup.pstpl. Removing this fixes the problem with the sliders.

Ah! That is absolutely correct. Sorry for my mistake, many many thanks for your time and help. :)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Donation Image