Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer

Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer 2 years 2 months ago #74157

• dspaan
  • Senior Lime
Hi,

Before i posted here i looked at least 10 topics regarding quota's, i've read the manual and afaik i've done everything correctly.

I have created a survey that is done by telephone. We use VICIdial for that and have created a token based survey with the lead_id's from VICIdial. Once the agent gets someone on the phone and clicks the webform link it calls this URL to start the survey:
http://192.168.1.201/limesurvey/index.php?sid=88938&88938X1X1=--A--uitvoerder--B--&lang=nl&token=--A--lead_id--B--

It starts the proper survey with the proper token and also the question i have prefilled is saved. I used this instruction to do that.

This survey is about the customer satisfaction of a service desk where the quotas are limited to each of the 5 employees who work there. I have received abbreviations for these 5 employees:

mdz
pma
pvb
slo
xmsp

In the sample file which i loaded in VICIdial each respondent that is called has one of the above codes specified which i pass along as an answer to the first question via the survey URL. This question is set to be hidden and is a drop-down list question.

I noticed that the quota's aren't working. I added a testing quota on another question and that worked immediately. See screenshot.

quotas1.JPG

What could be causing this, the fact that it's a hidden question? The fact that i'm inserting the answer by URL or that it's a drop-down list (should work according to manual).

The survey is already activated, how can i still manage quota's? Only workaround i can think of at this point would be to manually monitor the number of interviews for each code and communicate to the agents to stop calling those numbers when the limit is reached.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by dspaan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer 2 years 2 months ago #74162

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
How did you hide the question? Is it via CSS or via the function in the advanced settings of the question? I think if it is the one from the advanced settings, there can be problems. Try to "unhide" the questions and give it a try and see what happens.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer 2 years 2 months ago #74200

• dspaan
  • Senior Lime
Yes, i used the advanced settings. The survey is active so i can't change that right? Can i set it to inactive, change it and then to active again without consequences?

Re: Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer 2 years 2 months ago #74215

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
You can change the "always hide this question" setting even if the survey is activated. Then try hiding the question using CSS (display: none).

This might make a difference because when using the "always hide this question" setting, no HTML for the question is generated at all while the CSS solution just hides the HTML.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer 2 years 2 months ago #74287

• dspaan
  • Senior Lime
Hi Mazi,

I must be overlooking an option but can't find a way to change the properties of the questions? I've read this but still don't understand how to edit the questions after activation. docs.limesurvey.org/Changing+an+active+s...tions+for+LimeSurvey

What is the location and name of the CSS file do i have to edit?

Re: Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer 2 years 2 months ago #74292

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
Which CSS file it is depends very much on the template you are using. Usually it should be the standard CSS file for your template.

Then you have a look at the classes and IDs given to the respective question and apply a display:none to this class/ID
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer 2 years 2 months ago #74304

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
Add the following to the end of template.css where "QQ" is the question ID.
#questionQQ {
	display: none;
}
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by tpartner.

Re: Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer 2 years 2 months ago #74305

• dspaan
  • Senior Lime
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm using the default template for this survey.

How do i find out the ID's of the questions once the survey is locked?
I edited /limesurvey/templates/default/template.css but don't see the questions in there?

Also how do i do this:
You can change the "always hide this question" setting even if the survey is activated.

Re: Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer 2 years 2 months ago #74311

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
How do i find out the ID's of the questions once the survey is locked?

Capture2_2012-02-13.PNG
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Setting up quota's with hidden question filled by prefilled URL answer 2 years 2 months ago #74336

• dspaan
  • Senior Lime
Gawd, why did i make a fool of myself... :blush:
I was trying to find an option in the left side of the menu to alter the questions while i just had to use the dropdown menu's on the right just like i did when creating the survey. Guess i have to get used to the interface hehe.

Anyway, i just decided that the agents will fill out the first question instead of making it invisible. I noticed that the quota's work as intended that way.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Donation Image