Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Help with template

• barbapapa
  • barbapapa's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #64632 by barbapapa
Help with template was created by barbapapa
Hi!

I am new one in LimeSurvey World, but I am very impressed of results of your work!

I have a problem with text info on register page. I was searching help-guide and that forum, but I found no tips. Maybe I don't know what to search for - remember I am a new one in Lime World and in www generally. I hope there is some easy, basic solution you could point in a few words.

I want to add a couple of lines of expanations to be visible on register page and nowhere else. I have witten it down in the area of description of my survey, but it is no visibile. I am trying now to modify template (clear_logo) to display that. I have added the line:
Code:
<p><strong>{SURVEYDESCRIPTION}</strong></p>
to register.pstpl. I can see the description text in preview, but it is still not visible in my real form.
The same is with other tempaltes. I can see description only when I add above line to survey.pstpl for example, byt it is then visible on each page with questions, what I don't want.

What I am doing wrong? What should I do or where to search for?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 7 months ago #64638 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Help with template
The {SURVEYDESCRIPTION}placeholder works in register.pstpl. You should be able to add it there and nowhere else.

Did you make a copy of the template? You can't modify the originals.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • barbapapa
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #64643 by barbapapa
Replied by barbapapa on topic Help with template
Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I've made a copy of original template and saved it with other name. I'am working with that copy.

I've added the line with {SURVEYDESCRIPTION} "placeholder" as a second line in the register.pstpl. But it doesn't work. I see no template description, except in preview.

I can add that line also in survey.pstpl. As a result I can see in preview of register page two test description messages. After deleting that row from survey.pstpl, saving tempates and pointing such modified tempalte as default in my survey I can see no survey description on the register page.

What am I doing wrong?
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by barbapapa.
  • barbapapa
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #64644 by barbapapa
When I choose some other templates, for example bluengrey or limespired, there is visible suvey description on the register page, but it is visible also on welcome page and survey page because of presence of that "placeholder" in these templates (but in survey.pstpl and welcome.pstpl).

When I've tried to modify copies of these templates to have surveydescription in register.pstpl and delete it from survey.pstpl or welcome.pstpl, I had the same results like with clear_logo template - survey description was visble only in preview, not in final version. No matter what browser I use.
  • barbapapa
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #64659 by barbapapa
Sorry Toni, I've found that you are right!

Survey description works fine and is visible after adding that line mentioned above, but only when "Allow public registration" is set on "Yes".

So what should I modify to see surveydescription when "Allow public registration" is set on "No" and there are tokens?

I want survey description to be visible also with such option. I found no "login.pstpl" or something like that.
  • barbapapa
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #64663 by barbapapa
Is my question connected with that topic: login page template and there is no login template?

If yes, is it possible and how should I add text info to the login page in one of my surveys?
  • tpartner
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #64671 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Help with template

Is my question connected with that topic: login page template and there is no login template?

Not directly. That post refers to the admin login page, not the respondent login page.

Having said that, it seems the answers are similar. There is no template file for the "enter token" screen. That page is hard-coded in index.php so you would need to modify that file. Be aware that any modifications there would be overwritten when updating the installation.

You can submit a feature request to add a template file for this - ideas.limesurvey.org

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: barbapapa
  • barbapapa
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #64681 by barbapapa
Thank you very much.

I have no solution but I have knowledge now :)

As a patchwork I've prepared additional "starter page" for my survey, out of Lime. There is a link to the "enter token" screen after the survey description.

I have submitted a feature request to add a template to "ideas".

I wish you all good ideas - such class like LimeSurvey is generally!
More
7 years 3 months ago #145776 by markusa
Replied by markusa on topic Help with template
Is there any solution already for this problem?
I wasn't able to find the issue mentioned and still seems to be a hardcoded template.

regards Markus
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #145777 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Help with template
Now, you can use the view override to design those pages:
manual.limesurvey.org/The_template_edito...ws_.28version_2.5.29

see this thread for token entry:
www.limesurvey.org/community-services/fo...s-not-working#145660

If there is any view you can't override, just ask me here, I'll add the necessary.
More
7 years 3 months ago #145780 by markusa
Wow that was a quick response!!
I will have a look at that.

Thank you so much!
More
7 years 3 months ago #145782 by markusa
Is this in a packed version i can update to already, or do i have to copy the file from github?

Thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose