Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Exported Question Codes repeating

Exported Question Codes repeating 2 years 11 months ago #60661

• karencheah
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I'm using Version 1.90+ Build 9642 on PHP/MySQL hosted environment.

I've noted that for the results exported to Excel or csv using question codes, I've got repeating question codes in the middle, i.e., not consistently throughout, just some bits. For example, some of the codes right in the middle go like this...0001 [3], 0002 [3], 0003 [3], 0004 {3], 0005 [3], 0001 [3], 0002 [3], 0003 [3], 0001 [3] and so on. The 0001 part is my question code when I built the survey and I thought that the number in the brackets are running numbers of the sections as in the beginning it looks like that. I have attached my export file here so you see what I mean.

If the numbers in the brackets are not what I think they are, then I'll have to renumber my questions so that the section number is reflected in the code.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Cheers,
Karen
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Exported Question Codes repeating 2 years 11 months ago #60717

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
What question types are you using?

Can you provide a screenshot of the "add subquestions" page?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Exported Question Codes repeating 2 years 11 months ago #60748

• karencheah
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Tony,

The question type is Array. When looking at the subquestion, I noticed the code there. Now I know where that number came from. Thanks for your tip!

I think I should give them each a different code since each one only has one subquestion. I have running numbers for the question codes within each section. Is there any other way of labelling the question code such that the questions are recognisable by sections? Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Exported Question Codes repeating 2 years 11 months ago #60751

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
I usually give the question code (not the subquestion, those are just following numbers) something like G01 (for group 1) and Q01 (for question 1 within the group.

But this of course is of personal taste.

My questions would look like this:

G01Q01
G01Q02
G01Q03
G01Q08
--
G02Q01
G02Q02
G02Q15
etc.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Exported Question Codes repeating 2 years 11 months ago #60752

• karencheah
  • Fresh Lemon
Alright, thanks for your suggestion.

Re: Exported Question Codes repeating 2 years 11 months ago #60769

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
I would follow Holch's advice. For several reasons, question codes should be unique - never repeated.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image