Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Increase size of asterisk * in mandatory questions

Increase size of asterisk * in mandatory questions 3 years 5 months ago #50909

• dmtelf
  • Fresh Lemon
I've been asked to double the size of the * next to the label of a mandatory question in the Limespire template to make it more promenient.

I searched this forum, found out I needed to change .asterisk in template.css so I changed it to the below, saved it and cleared the FF 3.6.10 browser cache, but the * remains the same pre-CSS change?
.asterisk {
color: #FF0000;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 2.5em
padding: 0 5px 0 10px;
}

DMTelf
asterisk_css_inheritance_in_limespire_template.png
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by dmtelf.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Increase size of asterisk * in mandatory questions 3 years 5 months ago #50912

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
Did you try it with font-size:200%; ? might be an issue with em.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Increase size of asterisk * in mandatory questions 3 years 5 months ago #50914

• dmtelf
  • Fresh Lemon
I tried your suggestion, but it hasn't made any difference either :-(

I'm starting to suspect either the padding: 0 5px 0 10px; line in .asterisk or the font-size 0.9em; inheritance from div.survey-question-text in the above screengrab?

DMTelf

Re:Increase size of asterisk * in mandatory questions 3 years 5 months ago #50915

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Where in the css file is the .asterisk and the div.survey-question-text?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Increase size of asterisk * in mandatory questions 3 years 5 months ago #50921

• dmtelf
  • Fresh Lemon
They are in lines 161 & 162 of template.css in the standard installation Limespire template.
.survey-question-text {display:inline;font-weight:bold;margin:0 0 15px 0;font-size:0.9em}
.asterisk {color: #FF0000;padding:0 5px 0 10px;}

The screengrab in my first post is from the right hand panel of Firebug.

DMTelf

Re:Increase size of asterisk * in mandatory questions 3 years 5 months ago #50922

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
So despite being after the survey-question-text the asterisk class doesn't overwrite the font size? Hmmm.

Re:Increase size of asterisk * in mandatory questions 3 years 5 months ago #50924

• dmtelf
  • Fresh Lemon
I've not dabbled in a lot of CSS, but how it is looked correct to me & I would have thought it'd work. I edited the asterisk class in-site.

I haven't moved any of the CSS in the file & the only other changes made were additions right at the end of the file to remove the upper/lower boundary box line for some specific questions in one section of the survey.

I've attached this slightly modified Limespire template.css file I'm using to this post.

DMTelf
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by dmtelf.

Re:Increase size of asterisk * in mandatory questions 3 years 5 months ago #50957

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
I think you've missed a semi-colon after declaring the font-size:
.asterisk {
  color: #FF0000;
  padding: 0 5px 0 10px;
  font-size: 1.8em;
}
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re:Increase size of asterisk * in mandatory questions 3 years 5 months ago #51228

• dmtelf
  • Fresh Lemon
tpartner wrote:
I think you've missed a semi-colon after declaring the font-size:

Oops - you're quite right. It works fine now.

Thanks.

DMTelf
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Donation Image