Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

SOLVED:Expire survey after x responses

• bulgin
  • bulgin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #187819 by bulgin
Expire survey after x responses was created by bulgin
I'm guessing that assessments are one way to expire a survey after X responses. Or is there any other way to expire a survey after X responses?
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 7 months ago #187822 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Expire survey after x responses
There is no function to let a survey expire via the amount of responses.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 7 months ago #187833 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Expire survey after x responses
Assessments has nothing to do with expiring anything.

Now, your question can refer to two scenarios:
- Number of responses of one participant = can be solved via tokens and uses left
- Number of respondents in general that filled in the survey = there is nothing simple implemented for that. You might be able to create a quota based on the first question and include all possible answers into this quota, so if any of the answer options has been marked, the quota will count one up and will close when you reach the desired number.

Or you could hide a single choice question with only one answer option which is pre-checked (default answer) and put a quota on that. Should work as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

Not ideal, would be better to just be able to set a max. number of responses and the survey wouldn't even open after that.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• bulgin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #187835 by bulgin
Replied by bulgin on topic Expire survey after x responses
Thank you @holch. I meant quota, not assessment.

The closing of survey after max. number responses would work in this scenario. Is that a feature currently available? I can't find that.
  • holch
More
4 years 7 months ago #187836 by holch
Jelo already answered this question: There is no specific feature for this available. And then I have given you two ideas for workarounds that can achive what you want.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bulgin
  • bulgin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #187837 by bulgin
Okay, got it.

I thought the below statement you wrote meant there was a specific way to set a max number of responses. I now see it was associated with your previous statement of . . . "hide a single choice question . . . "

. . . Not ideal, would be better to just be able to set a max. number of responses and the survey wouldn't even open after that.
  • holch
More
4 years 7 months ago #187838 by holch
Yes, it would be great to have such a feature. I am not sure but I might actually have created a feature requests for this some time ago for something like this.

At the moment, you will have to create a work around on your own.

• bulgin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #187842 by bulgin
I tried quota mode on a single hidden pre-populated-answer question. After the quota rather than loading the expired end URL, the survey cycles back to start again. I've attached an lss file anyone wants to take a crack at it.

Thanks.
  • holch
More
4 years 7 months ago #187844 by holch
I have not tested your questionnaire yet, but I can see that you have the Ajax-Mode on. Switch it off and see what happens.

• holch
More
4 years 7 months ago #187845 by holch
One other thing that I am seeing. Your quota question is on the last page of your questionnaire. Quota will only work once you have clicked on a button, which will submit your survey example. How do you expect someone to screen out in a already submitted survey?

• holch
More
4 years 7 months ago #187846 by holch
And there is no quota in your survey ?????

• holch
More
4 years 7 months ago #187847 by holch
I am not quite sure what is going on. Your survey can't work for the above mentioned reasons:
1. A quota that is based on a question on the last page of your survey can't work, because you would need to submit the survey for the system to apply the quota. But once the survey is completed, it is completed. You can't apply the quota anymore. So your question that defines the quota can't be on the last page of your survey. That doesn't make any sense.
2. You need to set a quota, for a quota to be applied... ;-)

I have created a working example (moved the hiddenquotaquestion into the first question group) and included a quota of "1". This means the second respondent will get the quota message, which worked fine for me here.

I am currently just testing if hiding the question via GUI works or not (for tests I always show hidden questions, because I want to see if they work).

Once this works I'll upload my example.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose