Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

CSS Styling removed

More
6 years 11 months ago #153242 by fkwon
CSS Styling removed was created by fkwon
I was working on a client's project and went to edit the a style in the "flat_and_modern.css" file.

When I went to save, it somehow managed to delete half of the file.
I tried pasting in the code (I had an old version of it saved) and each time it keeps cutting off and not saving the second half of the CSS file.

Anyone know if I can revert back to an older version of CSS within the platform, and the bigger issue, know how to get this file to save ALL the code?

We're going into production and this needs to be resolved ASAP!

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #153245 by holch
Replied by holch on topic CSS Styling removed
First of all, via the template editor you should not be able to change anything in the templates that are shipped with Limesurvey. This should only work with copies of these templates.
If you made your modifications via an editor directly into the files of these templates, then there is little we can do. You could just download LS again, unzip the folder, go to the file and copy it into your installation via FTP. This should work.
What version of LS are you using?

We're going into production and this needs to be resolved ASAP!

Well, I only can recommend not to do those things right before going into production, without having a backup at least.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 years 11 months ago #153247 by fkwon
Replied by fkwon on topic CSS Styling removed
Holch,

This was done with a copy of the default template (as you said, you can't edit the default template directly).

Up until an hour ago there was no issue in editing the CSS files in the copied template. The only change I made was the modification of a background-colour I had changed the day before.

I appreciate the recommendation, and it is what we had done; the business decided on changing a colour. It seems to always cut the code at the same spot (give or take a few characters).

Limesurvery version: Version 2.63.1+170305

Thanks
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 11 months ago #153248 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic CSS Styling removed
Maybe a memory issue when saving files ... activate debug mode.

Else : ftp or sftp is always more quick to edit template

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
6 years 11 months ago #153250 by fkwon
Do you guys know if there is a way to revert to older versions of the template?
  • holch
More
6 years 11 months ago #153252 by holch
As I said, copy the css file from the original template into the folder of the copy that you created and you should have your original css file back.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
6 years 11 months ago #153253 by fkwon
If by original, you mean default template, that doesn't contain the changes I made since.

In any case, I found a copy of it elsewhere so I didn't lose everything. It would be cool for Limesurvey to allow versioning for css files.

Thanks for the help everyone.
  • holch
More
6 years 11 months ago #153255 by holch
There are a lot of things that "would be cool", but the resources of the developers are unfortunately limited. However, I think especially with things like the CSS files, if you need versioning you could always set up your own test server and have versioning running there. This is the right practice anyway: develop on your development/test installation and only apply changes to the production server once you are sure that things are working.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose