Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LimeSurvey display question based on conditional logic not working

• kbender
  • kbender's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #134755 by kbender
I am building a course evaluation survey, and in the past I figured out how to make this work and then we upgraded Lime to a newer version and it no longer seems to be working.

Students are asked which class they want to review, and that list only shows the courses they were registered for. Depending on what course they pick, if it's a course that we know to have multiple professors, then they are to be shown another drop down that wasn't previously there that would ask them which of the professors who taught the course they would like to evaluate. After that, they just fill out a question array and submit.

The way the survey is working at the moment, is they pick the course, fill out the question array, hit submit, and then it throws an error saying a mandatory field wasn't filled out and if you scroll back up the page the "which professor" drop down shows up in between the two questions where it belongs and they can choose the correct professor. I don't want this behaviour to be happening at the end of the form when it's being submitted, but to happen on the fly. The questions are all part of the same question group and are being displayed group by group because of the limitations of some of the other logic I've implemented. I can explain that if necessary. This is all how it was setup before we upgraded Lime.

I can post the survey for review if needed, but I don't know what export version is the most useful.

These surveys were supposed to go out Friday and I've spent my entire weekend trying to get them to work, so any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by kbender.
The topic has been locked.
  • ollehar
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
8 years 4 days ago #134772 by ollehar
Please fill out a bug report and attach your survey in it.

bugs.limesurvey.org/main_page.php
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose