Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Troubles with configuration

• MichalSarnecki
  • MichalSarnecki's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #128582 by MichalSarnecki
Troubles with configuration was created by MichalSarnecki
Hello everyone,

I'm pretty fresh here and I don't really have too much experience with survies. I have already spent a lot of time trying to configure my survey server. I'm looking for a way to prepare it under following rules:
  • Each participant should take a survey everyday
  • It should be easy to take a part in survey
  • The best would be something like "log in" and "register" tabs

I have tried few times with tokens but it is always ending on state, where I can't take a survey few times on one token. It;s really troublesome as I was thinking about collecting medical information. Basic for this kind of information is its regularity. Desired solution is where I can give to participants one entry survey to collect data about their age etc. Rest of surveys would be to collect daily feedback.
Is there some way to implement it easily that I can't see? I would be really greateful for your help. I got stuck and can't move forward even for an inch.

Best Regards,
Michal
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #128589 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Troubles with configuration
Have a look at "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token" in Survey settings --> Tokens - manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Tokens

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by tpartner.
  • MichalSarnecki
  • MichalSarnecki's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #128618 by MichalSarnecki
Replied by MichalSarnecki on topic Troubles with configuration
Hi tpartner,

Thank you for your help.
According to provided documentation I understand that it's not possible to configure it as I need. I can only allow editing responses based on token provided for participant. Multiple responses are only possible for anonymized responses. Am I correct?
Is there some other way to implement multi-response and non-anonymized survey? I was also thinking about dummy tokens but I ended without any idea how to distributethem among participants automatically (for example one hundred of entry tokens for every newly created participant).
I think that there has to be some way to create a survey which would meet following rules: it has to be non-anonymized, allow multi-responses and allow registering in fly (via browser with only input from participant as on attachent)
I would appreciate any help with it.

Best Regards,
Michal
  • holch
  • Away
More
8 years 5 months ago #128619 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Troubles with configuration
Of course you can have multiple responses with the same token. You just have to increase the uses left number to what you need. E.g. uses left 100 set in the orginal token table means, that the person with that token can fill in the questionnaire 100 times. Then the token will not allow any further entry (as long as you don't increase the uses left number again).

What we do when we use limesurvey for data entry is we create tokens and then distribute a certain number to each person that does data entry. Of course this is a slightly manual process, but as we usually don't have too many people doing data entry for a project, this is OK. If there are many people involved, I would go with "uses left". You can identify the person through the token and you can have many entries with the same token in the database.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
8 years 5 months ago #128635 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Troubles with configuration

Multiple responses are only possible for anonymized responses. Am I correct?

The manual says "If survey is anonymous or Enable token-based response persistence is set to NO, this adds a new responses.". Did you try it?

- manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Tokens

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose