Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

exported PDF response/quick statistic layout question

• ifeelsooblue
  • ifeelsooblue's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #126347 by ifeelsooblue
Good morning limesurvey community,

to start I have searched the forum for answers as well as going over the limesurvey manual with no success hence i'm creating a new post in attempt to get some answers :) I hope.

the problem I am encountering which I have no idea if there is a way around is that the exported PDF response/quick statistic layout will separate each questions to a new page. With 89 questions, I end up with a 91 page of summary report. what I have also noticed is that even with the array questions, each questions within the array also gets placed on a new page with its responses summary provided. so basically doesn't matter how your questions are grouped, the standard exported PDF layout format will place each questions on a single page with its response summary.

is there a easy way to create a continuous report layout where the it does not place each question on a new page rather until the blank spots on the page is used up before it skips to the next page? if this is possible, the exported PDF report will probably be only 25 pages rather than 91.

thanks so much!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #126362 by holch
Formatting PDF files isn't easy. So I guess programmers were going the easy way to avoid questions to be cut off and not fit on one page, by putting each question on one page.

I don't think there is a easy way to make various questions fit on one page. You would need to check the available space, the space the next question needs and then fit it in or include a page break. Sounds easy for a human, but I think programming wise there is no really simple solution for this.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #173202 by phalancs
I was in need for sth. like this as well and it is pretty easy to solve. I wrote a quick guide.

CHANGE LIMESURVEY PDF REPORTS – HOW TO HAVE DATA AND CHARTS ON THE SAME SINGLE PAGES

www.knowboard.de/change-limesurvey-pdf-r...e-same-single-pages/
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by phalancs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #173209 by holch
Would be great to have this in the manual. Links here in the forum get lost after a while. The manual is a wiki, so anyone can edit and contribute.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago #173211 by DenisChenu

holch wrote: Would be great to have this in the manual. Links here in the forum get lost after a while. The manual is a wiki, so anyone can edit and contribute.

Think the best is to create a real pull rquest for this solution …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #173213 by holch
Well, I did not look at the solution in detail. And I assume that the separation of the graph and the data was done on purpose. So to me, this looks like a workaround for those that want graph and data on the same page.

• DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago #173214 by DenisChenu
In fact : all statistics system must be rewritten and allow more external update ;)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
5 years 3 months ago #178038 by bulgin
The code I have in the file you speak of does not have this code.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose