Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Urgent: Question Logic

• harirogan
  • harirogan's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #125912 by harirogan
Urgent: Question Logic was created by harirogan
HI All,

We are creating a Survey questioner,But we are facing a problem in creating a logic.Kindly Help us out

E.g: Question (Multiple Choice Question)
Q1.
Which among these companies have you used for lab infrastructure support? You could have used the full range of services, or just even a small module.
Kewaunee 1 Kottermann 5 GDLS (Ahmedabad) 9
Waldner 2 Mott Manufacturing 6 Citizen Industries 10
Labconco 3 Labguard 7
Esco 4 Godrej 8

Since its a multiple choice user can select one answer or 3 answer or a multiple answer.So based on the selected answer the next question need to be triggered in the below given format.Here involves a lot of permutation and combination.In set a logics,we can set for specific answers and we can trigger a question.But here involves creation of the question based on multiple choice.How to create this piping?

If some one selects 4 choice below need to come

1. On the whole, how satisfied are you with the services of …………………………….?

company name Very dissatisfied Somewhat dissatisfied Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied Somewhat satisfied Very satisfied
Kewaunee
Kottermann,
Labguard
Godrej

If some one selects only 2 choice in Q1 below need to come
company name Very dissatisfied Somewhat dissatisfied Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied Somewhat satisfied Very satisfied
Kewaunee
Kottermann,

How to get this logic in Lime survey, to trigger question itself based on the answers.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #125918 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Urgent: Question Logic
I am not quite sure if this is what you are looking for as your description isn't very clear (because it could be read that whaterver 4 are chosen in the first question, there will always these 4 subquestions shown, but I don't think that is what you mean).

I assume what you really want is that all answers chosen in Q1 are answer options in Q2 and the ones not chosen are not asked.

Have a look at the array filter option. This should be what you are looking for.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• harirogan
More
8 years 5 months ago #125921 by harirogan
Replied by harirogan on topic Urgent: Question Logic
Hi Thanks for your reply.

Yes I will use array option only.

Now the problem is, based on the answer chosen in the Q1(Let it be one or multiple ) Dynamicaly Q2 need ; Where Q2 Column (Company names) need to have the Q1 answers which out manual feed but need to work on some logic's.But we will feed only the array rows manually .

How it can be created?
  • harirogan
More
8 years 5 months ago #125922 by harirogan
Hi Thanks for your reply.

Yes I will use array option only.

Now the problem is, based on the answer chosen in the Q1(Let it be one or multiple ) Dynamicaly Q2 need to be created ; Where Q2 Column (Company names) need to have the Q1 answers with out manual feed but need to work on predefined logic's.But we will feed only the array rows manually .

How it can be created? because out of 10 answers in Q1 - user will be selecting any number since its a multiple choice. Based on the answers, Q2 column need to be triggered.
  • holch
More
8 years 5 months ago #125925 by holch
Did you have a look at the "array filter" feature for array questions as I told you?

If you use the same answer options for both questions, this feature will hide the answer options in Q2 that have not been marked in Q1.

manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Ar...r_.28array_filter.29

If this is not what you are looking for, I don't understand what you are exactly looking for. Maybe you can show an example then.

Because from your example above I understand that the company names are per line and the scale is in the columns, but then you talk about columns again, etc.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• harirogan
More
8 years 5 months ago #125935 by harirogan
Thanks , It works as expected. Now I have one more question.

As you told, array filter helps in filtering the non-choosen answers.So that chosen answers from Q1 got triggered in Q2.

Now I need it in reverse, If i need to trigger Q2 question with non chosen answers from Q1 by filtering out Chosen answers,in this case what option I need to look for?
More
8 years 5 months ago #125937 by first
Replied by first on topic Urgent: Question Logic
I guess Array filter exclusion may help you.

Survey Designer and Programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch
  • harirogan
More
8 years 5 months ago #125940 by harirogan
Hi

guess Array filter exclusion is not helping out!! any other way?
  • holch
More
8 years 5 months ago #125941 by holch
Just as OMdev says, read a little further in the link that I have sent you. The next chapter is "Array Filter Exclusion" and it does exactly the opposite as "array filter", thus shows the options that haven't been chosen in the first question.

• holch
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #125942 by holch
Why would "Array filter Exclusion" not help out? Could you explain?

help us to help you. Just stating that "array filter Exclusion" doesn't help is not very helpful for us. We need to know why this doesn't help. We think it is exactly what you need. But if this isn't the case, we need to know why it is not so that we can help you to find another solution.

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by holch.
  • harirogan
More
8 years 5 months ago #125943 by harirogan
Thanks it works perfectly -):

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose