Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Submit button not appearing at the end of a survey with many questions

• Sabowano_16007
  • Sabowano_16007's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 8 months ago #122263 by Sabowano_16007
I have a survey which gathers information on student courses. There are 248 questions in total. These are divided into 20 groups based on their year of enrolment, using a relevance equation. If student selects 2011 and Computing, they see that group of questions only. The survey is working - it took a very long time to do as I had to put every subject choice into the data. However, the button to submit never shows up. At the end of the survey, there is still a Next button. Any ideas much appreciated. The link:

e-learn.acu.edu.au/newsurveys/index.php/936295/lang-en
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #122277 by tpartner
This is because of the existence of possible relevant groups.

If the respondents will only see two groups, I would...

1) Hide the progress bar with something like this in template.css:
Code:
#progress-wrapper {
  display: none;
}

2) Dynamically change the "Next" button text in the second group to "Submit". For example, if there will always be a multiple-short-text type question in group 2 but not in group 1, you could add something like this to the end of template.js:
Code:
$(document).ready(function() {
  if($('.multiple-short-txt').length > 0) {
    $('#movenextbtn .ui-button-text').text('Submit');
  }    
});

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by tpartner.
More
8 years 1 month ago #130320 by jsibley
As a feature request, could it be possible in a future release to have Limesurvey check whether it can tell from relevance equations whether a given page is the last relevant page to the survey and replace "next" with "submit"?
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 1 month ago #130347 by DenisChenu

jsibley wrote: As a feature request, could it be possible in a future release to have Limesurvey check whether it can tell from relevance equations whether a given page is the last relevant page to the survey and replace "next" with "submit"?

1st problem : this take a lot of memory to evaluate relevance, then it can be included everywhere/everytime : need a settings.
2nd problem : take a time to develop

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose