Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

edit comment text where a comment box appears with a list /multiple choice quest

• nellwalker
  • nellwalker's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #122043 by nellwalker
hello

I want to use different text to guide the user to use the comment box in addition/instead of selecting from a multiple choice or list question.

Rather than 'please enter your comment here' I want to say, for example, 'if yes what year did you complete your program?', or 'if your program doesn't appear in this list, please enter in the comment box'

Is there an edit option for the introductory text for the comment box with the list/multiple choice question type?

thank you!
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 8 months ago #122057 by LSdev
Replace your custom text and place below code in question text:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">  
  $(document).ready(function() {
     var customText = 'if yes what year did you complete your program?'; //replace your text here
     $('#answer{SGQ}comment').prev().text(customText);
  });
</script>
  • nellwalker
More
8 years 8 months ago #122060 by nellwalker
Hi thanks for this!

I am not sure where to place the code - in what view/level in the survey question? in 'Edit Question' or 'Edit answer options'? I am a user, not a developer. I am using the question type 'List with Comment' and cant see a place to make this change.

cheers!
More
8 years 8 months ago #122063 by LSdev
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • nellwalker
More
8 years 8 months ago #122088 by nellwalker
Hi again and thanks
I tried that, where the question is, but I am not sure that is the location to do it. I wanted to past a pic of what it looks like but can't work out how to do that on here either!

the comment box text is within the code for the question type - the question text is entered in a different location to the drop down answers for a 'list with comment box' question type for example. the commentary with the comment box is what I want to change - that doesn't have to do with the question text from what I can see??

thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose