Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

array custom buttons not working in 2.05 (vs working in 2.0)

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #118988 by liw
Dear all,

Limesurvey newb here :) Nearly finishing creating my first LS based surveys I ran into something that's somewhat trivial, yet frustrating enough to ask for your help.

For added shininess I manipulated the clear template to show our lab's logo, and custom colours to go with it. Took quite some puzzling but I got there in the end. As a final touch I then wanted to change the default color of ticked radio buttons from default blue to our lab's logo 'greenbleuish'. I managed to do so using the 'prettycheckboxes' method as described here: www.aptigence.com.au/site/node/10 .

This works like a charm for radio button in 'List' type questions, yet less so for the buttons in 'array' questions.

It seems to me that these work in 2.0 builds but not in 2.05 builds. -> I worked on this on our uni-server provided LS build (2.0) and there it worked, yet no longer when moving things over to our lab computers (not internet connected, therefore using a bitnami stacked 2.05 build). It could therefore also be a bitnami stack problem than a 2.05 vs 2.0 problem, but not being able to trace a 2.0 installer I can't really test this (this could be solution to my problem though so if anyone knows where to find one?).

I hope anyone here could suggest a solution, or were to look for one.

All best,

liw

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by liw.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago #118990 by DenisChenu
You have a alternate solution in SkeletonQuest

Button version or Flat blue button version

Test here : demonstration.sondages.pro/288965.html#

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
8 years 11 months ago #118994 by liw
Merci bien Denis for such a quick reply!

The flat blue template is beautiful and has various options for adjusting colours but unless I am very mistaken it doesn't allow the adjustment that I am looking for.

What I want (and have working for 'list' questions in either 2.0/2.05, but not for array questions in 2.05) is to adjust the colour of the radio buttons itself when activated (not the background of the field that the buttons 'sit on'), from 'default blue' to greenish blue (#21AECAFF to be precise).

It seems to me that something may have changed from 2.0 to 2.05 to the effect that the display of array questions is created differently, causing the 'prettycheckboxes.js or .css' to no longer function for array questions? Presumably, once the change is identified a fix could be easily implemented but my css/js/ls skills fall very much short here ^.^

Again: an alternative (although less preferred) solution for me would be to find a (bitnami) installer for a 2.0 build - which I somehow can't seem to find either :/

Further input would be much appreciated!

liw
  • holch
More
8 years 11 months ago #118996 by holch
Did you look at the flat blue button template example that Denis posted? It uses custom buttons that can be adapted to the layout you want.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 11 months ago #119007 by liw
Hello again,

Turns out both of you were completely correct - thanks for getting me on track again Holch! I had been looking at the 'not button' version, without noticing the button version -_-

Another three hours of tinkering later the buttons do however not yet work to my satisfaction and then I haven't even started to adjust the other elements again. I fear I cannot allow myself to spend this much time on this right now - so I guess I'll settle for 'default blue' buttons and try to consider it a triumph over my 'clashing colours OCD' ;)

If ever anything comes up that would explain why the call "$('input[type=radio]').prettyCheckboxes();" works for list but not table questions (as I suspect what's going on) in 2.05 I'd be much obliged to hear - the upcoming project will run for a long time and there will be other projects in the future were I'd be happy to implement this.

In the meantime I do would also still be happy with a windows (bitnami) installer for a 2.0 build if someone would have such on archive.

Thank you again!

liw

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose