Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Selectively evaluate 1 class of students out of 500 total students

• nestlerode
  • nestlerode's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #118821 by nestlerode
Hi,

I just started with limesurvey and I have the goal to create a survey where teachers can select their class which will then give them a list of only their students to answer an array question about each student.

I want the survey to autofill the names as the questions in an array, and with different aspects we'd like to gather data on as the parts of the array.

The trouble is how do I only show the students in one particular class. So far I have it that you select what department you teach, the period, and I have a list of what students are in each period, but I don't know how to make it all come together.

One option that I've thought of is to have a list of all students as questions (batch creating in excel), and then use expression manager to filter that somehow. However, I think that creates more than the maximum number of questions that limesurvey can handle (1000?).

My most recent idea is to somehow (javascript maybe or piping?) create the student questions with their names after the period and department are selected, but I'm not sure if that will work or how to go about doing that. The advantage would be I would only need as many student questions as the largest class.

I'm open to other ideas as well.

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose