Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

The same form completed by different persons

• Usapuka
  • Usapuka's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #118728 by Usapuka
Hi,

How the same survey can be sent to different respondents in order they answer different block of the survey? In other words: How can different persons answer different blocks of questions in the same formulary of the survey?

As result I'll receive only one answer form for groups of respondent (with the different blocks answered).

Is there a way to do it?

Thank you!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago #118730 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic The same form completed by different persons
Have a look at Tokens - "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?" - manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Tokens

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Usapuka
More
8 years 11 months ago #118738 by Usapuka
Replied by Usapuka on topic The same form completed by different persons
Hi tpartner,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried that solution: the survey has four different section answered by four different persons. They go to their section using a different code asked in the first question, each person do not see the sections of the others. The survey is not anonymous and Enable token-based response persistence is Yes.
The problem is that the answers of the last person to respond the survey are saved, the previous answers are erased (I suppose due to the section is not visited).

What can I do?

Best regards,
  • holch
More
8 years 11 months ago #118740 by holch
No, you are must be doing something wrong. If answer persistence is on, the given answers will be in the link until reaching the end.

So you would have to create 4 sections and the respondents would have to go into the survey one after the other in the right order.

However, this might be quite difficult and as they can't see the answers/questions of the others this might be not the right solution for you.

Why do they have to be all in the same survey? Why not creating one survey for each of the sections and join them later in the data file?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Usapuka
More
8 years 11 months ago #118744 by Usapuka
Hi,

The need for the 4 sections in the same survey is for making an "assessments" with the quantitative responses of each section.
With four separated surveys would not be possible.

Thanks!
  • holch
More
8 years 11 months ago #118745 by holch
If the assessment needs to happen online directly after filling the form, then I see little to no chance that you can do what you want with Limesurvey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Usapuka
More
8 years 11 months ago #118746 by Usapuka
Yes, as you said the solution will be to do a survey for each of the sections and join them later in the data file...

Thank you!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose