Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Apps Limesurvey for Android/IOS

• sys_sby01
  • sys_sby01's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #118638 by sys_sby01
Apps Limesurvey for Android/IOS was created by sys_sby01
Hallo Guys,

Is there any possible to conduct survey Offline – no internet connection required for interviewing, online synchronization only when required? It is usually called CAPI by tablet. I am looking for Apps limesurvey for android/ios.

Really appreciated for the information

Regards
Sys_sby
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago #118639 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Apps Limesurvey for Android/IOS
There is no specific app for Limesurvey on Android, as Limesurvey is a software that requires a webserver running PHP and MySQL.

That said, I managed to install Limesurvey on an Android Tablet running offline surveys. It was just a test, but it worked. I haven't done any real life testing, but if you search here in the forum, there are users that mention that they have done this.

What you need is a webserver app with PHP/MySQL. I can't really remember which app I used. It was free (so not KSWEB, which says it is free, but basically only for a few days of trial period).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #118654 by Ben_V
Replied by Ben_V on topic Apps Limesurvey for Android/IOS
@sys_sby Something like this ? ;)

@Holch maybe AndroPHP?

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Ben_V.
  • sys_sby01
  • sys_sby01's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #118660 by sys_sby01
Replied by sys_sby01 on topic Apps Limesurvey for Android/IOS
thanks for feedback...

It is just not like that... I means apps limesurvey for IOS/Android, so we need download the apps from Google store/ Apple store. This apps can be used to conduct offline (CAPI) dan online survey(CAWI). CAPI need the internet connection when need to synchronize data, CAWI is always need the internet connection.

Is there any developers for this apps?

Kind regards
sys_sby
  • holch
More
8 years 11 months ago #118664 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Apps Limesurvey for Android/IOS
I think you did not read our responses.

There is NO app for just Limesurvey.

But we offered a option to run CAPI surveys with Limesurvey, installing a webserver with PHP and Mysql locally on your tablet. So then you can run Limesurvey offline (no need to have internet connection).

However, there is no way to automatically upload the responses. You interviewer would need to export the results and send the file to you.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
7 years 11 months ago #134049 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic Apps Limesurvey for Android/IOS

sys_sby wrote: Is there any possible to conduct survey Offline – no internet connection required for interviewing, online synchronization only when required?

There is a new app for this called " OfflineSurveys ". The app caches a LimeSurvey online survey and creates on offline version which stores responses on the local device. Data collected offline can later be emailed or exported to your PC. The PRO version supports automatic response synchronization .

OfflineSurveys supports all LimeSurvey question types, Expression Manager features and conditions, placeholders, ... and most other LimeSurvey features. It even offers several additional Android multimedia question types to e. g. take a picture, record a voice note or store the current GPS location.
The free version already supports all these additional question types.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
More
6 years 2 months ago #162076 by mrbtuts
Replied by mrbtuts on topic Apps Limesurvey for Android/IOS

Mazi wrote:

sys_sby wrote: Is there any possible to conduct survey Offline – no internet connection required for interviewing, online synchronization only when required?

There is a new app for this called "OfflineSurveys". The app caches a LimeSurvey online survey and creates on offline version which stores responses on the local device. Data collected offline can later be emailed or exported to your PC. The PRO version supports automatic response synchronization.

OfflineSurveys supports all LimeSurvey question types, Expression Manager features and conditions, placeholders, ... and most other LimeSurvey features. It even offers several additional Android multimedia question types to e. g. take a picture, record a voice note or store the current GPS location.
The free version already supports all these additional question types.

Been using Offline Surveys for a while now, it is really a good app. Thank you so much for the recommendation @Mazi :)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose