Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

What exactly User/Group does ComfortUpdate requires for File Permission?

• kmanapp
  • kmanapp's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 day ago #118396 by kmanapp
Hi Friends,

I feel LimeSurvey is so nice and seasoned that provide the function of ComfortUpdate.

However, I am a bit confused (and sometimes frustrated) that during each time of ComfortUpdate, it has new request of permission for new files/folders by saying:

Warning: The following files/directories need to be updated but their permissions are set to read-only.
You must set according write permissions on these files before you can proceed. If you are unsure what to do please contact your system administrator for advice.

I have no idea of granting which user/groups to the requested files/folders, but can just grant both the "read" and "write" permission for user "Other" and no idea to revoke the permission upon completion of the ComfortUpdate.

Appreciate if anyone can supplement further information and correct me if there is any wrong.

I find just limited information from the Manual and get no relevant hints in relation to this issue.

Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • kmanapp
  • kmanapp's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 day ago #118406 by kmanapp
Additionally, as I installed Limesurvey by extracting the downloaded archive file (i.e., in ZIP, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2 or 7Z), so it contains original privilege for each file that owner is "5008" and group is "users". Obviously, system shows "5008" represents it cannot find an existing user.

Can anyone suggest that should I change the ownership (user:group) for all the LimeSurvey program files, and please suggest which user and group is the most appropriate based on various concern (i.e. application functionality and security concern).

Thanks.
More
6 years 4 months ago #160120 by haubel
Hello! Did you ever get an answer for this? I'm getting that error and I already gave 757 access to the files listed. I'm hosting LS on a CentOS server with SELinux.

Thanks.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose