Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Upload additional JavaScript file for global use

• kmanapp
  • kmanapp's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117872 by kmanapp
Dear friends,

Reading the manual at the location below, it suggests "download the plugin latest JavaScript and save it as jquery.meiomask.js in the template folder", I found that LimeSurvey prohibits it and shows "This filename is not allowed to be uploaded"

Please advise on how can can I upload any JavaScript file via LimeSurvey front-end? Or, I have to go into back-end for uploading to relevant path?

manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Manip...ipt#Text_input_masks

Thanks in advance!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117877 by holch
What do you mean with Limesurvye Front-end and back-end? For me LS front-end would mean the surveys and backend would mean the administration. But uploading a Javascript in the frontend wouldn't make any sense...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117882 by tpartner
Normally, I would FTP that file up to the template directory. If FTP is not available, you can simply add all of the contents of jquery.meiomask.js to the beginning of template.js.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • kmanapp
  • kmanapp's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117885 by kmanapp
Well, thanks tpartner! That's a great work around the issue!

holch:

holch wrote: What do you mean with Limesurvye Front-end and back-end? For me LS front-end would mean the surveys and backend would mean the administration. But uploading a Javascript in the frontend wouldn't make any sense...

The "front-end" means via normal LimeSurvey web interface/screeen. The "back-end" means upload files via SFTP (for all operation system) or WinSCP (for Windows system) technology to the template folder ( e.g. for using LimeSurvey build-in template : "/path/to/limesurvey/templates" or for customized template: "/path/to/limesurvey/upload/template/" )

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose