Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change message for expired surveys

• noemi01
  • noemi01's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117613 by noemi01
Change message for expired surveys was created by noemi01
Hi,

when my survey expired because I've limited the time period to participate, the following message occurs if someone clicks on the survey-link:

"Diese Umfrage ist beendet und steht nicht mehr zur Verfügung."

Is there a possibility to change this message? I want to fill in a link where the participants can do something else then participate because the survey has expired.

I've searchedf for the text within the tempate, but I could not find it.
Seems to be here:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" " www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd ">
<html xmlns=" www.w3.org/1999/xhtml " xml:lang="de" lang="de">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/akustik/upload/templates/Zblin/jquery-ui-custom.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/akustik/upload/templates/Zblin/template.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/akustik/third_party/jquery/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/akustik/third_party/jqueryui/js/jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/akustik/third_party/jquery-touch-punch/jquery.ui.touch-punch.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/akustik/scripts/survey_runtime.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
/*<![CDATA[*/
LSvar={"bFixNumAuto":1,"bNumRealValue":0,"sLEMradix":","};
/*]]>*/
</script>
<title>Züblin</title>
<meta name="generator" content="LimeSurvey www.limesurvey.org " />

<!-- The following line includes jquery-ui.css or jquery-ui-custom.css from template dir, template.css and needed specific css file for survey -->

<!--[if lte IE 6]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/akustik/upload/templates/Zblin/ie_fix_6.css" />
<![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 7]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/akustik/upload/templates/Zblin/ie_fix_7.css" />
<![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 8]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/akustik/upload/templates/Zblin/ie_fix_8.css" />
<![endif]-->

<!-- The following CSS hides visual elements of the progress bar from screen readers. -->
<style type="text/css" media="aural tty">
progress-graph .zero, progress-graph .graph, progress-graph .cent { display: none; }
</style>
<!-- The following line includes jquery.js, jquery-ui.js, survey_runtime.js , template.js and needed specific js file for survey -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="/akustik/upload/templates/Zblin/template.js"></script>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/akustik/upload/templates/Zblin/favicon.ico" />

</head>
<body class="default lang-de groupbygroup page-odd showprogress showqnumcode-X"><script type="text/javascript">
/*<![CDATA[*/
setJsVar();
/*]]>*/
</script>

<div class="outerframe">
<table class="innerframe">
<tr>
<td>
<div id='wrapper'>
<p id='tokenmessage'>
<span class='error'>Fehler</span><br /><br />
Diese Umfrage ist beendet und steht nicht mehr zur Verfügung.<br /><br />
Bitte kontaktieren Sie für weitere Unterstützung.<br /><br />
</p>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

</body>
</html>

Can anyone tell me where exactly I can find this text an if I can change it?

Thanks very much.

Best Regards,
Noemi
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117626 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Change message for expired surveys
This text can be found in the translation files. So you would need to change the translation for Limesurvey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
  • Away
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117631 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Change message for expired surveys
I think we can do something in a plugin, using beforeSurveyPage.

It's a big system for just a sentence, but why not ....

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tpartner
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 10 months ago #117659 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Change message for expired surveys
Or a JavaScript solution - try adding something like this to the end of template.js:

Code:
$(document).ready(function() {

if($('p#tokenmessage').length > 0 &amp;&amp; $('#tokenform').length == 0) {
    var stringIndex = $('p#tokenmessage').text().indexOf('Diese Umfrage ist beendet und steht nicht mehr zur Verfügung'); 
    if(stringIndex >= 0) {
      $('p#tokenmessage').html('This survey is CLOSED!<br /><br />Go away!');
    }
  }

});

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117679 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Change message for expired surveys
The handling of expired and closed surveys can be seen as redirection of users.

I would like to add maintenance, pause and redirection as purpose for an plugin or core feature.

www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/future-featu...tallation-per-survey

So add your idea to the thread. Currently I am waiting for statement of the LS developers how to handle bounty development.

To change the translation files is a quick workaround, but no solution. Next update can change it.
To override default messages via form fields in the GUI of Limesurvey would be nice.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117682 by DenisChenu
Hi,

www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/future-featu...on-per-survey#115507

Can be done in Plugin actually. But you're rigth, no bounty development / crowdfunding.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117710 by jelo

DenisChenu wrote: Can be done in Plugin actually. But you're rigth, no bounty development / crowdfunding.

I would be more eager to sponsor features for the core codebase to ensure they feature will stay uptodate.
Plugins might cause more trouble after updates of the core. On the other side yearly sponsoring of a certain plugin might provide a steady flow of money and help to distribute the upfrontcosts of development a bit.

If LS won't get into GSoC this year, we might get a statement about bounty development and LS.

• DenisChenu
  • Away
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #117721 by DenisChenu

jelo wrote:

DenisChenu wrote: Can be done in Plugin actually. But you're rigth, no bounty development / crowdfunding.

I would be more eager to sponsor features for the core codebase to ensure they feature will stay uptodate.

Not realy true.

1st : LS core is actually to heavy to be easily maintanable. New feature is really hard to do. GUI is really complicated.
2nd : with a clean LS API for plugin, plugin don't realy need update each week.
3rd : some feature included in core still broken a long time, because no core dev work on it
4th : with all of my selled plugin, i offer a 6 month guarantee for LS evolution. Can be extended.

Look at wordpress success or Spip or any another CMS. Success is due to Plugin not from core.

Denis

Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by DenisChenu.
  • holch
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117722 by holch
I agree with jelo. It would be nice to be able to overwrite translations. It is great that we have Limesurvey in so many languages, but sometimes the translation just doesn't fit a specific case. For those cases it would be great if the default texts could be overwritten via the GUI.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117723 by jelo

DenisChenu wrote: 1st : LS core is actually to heavy to be easily maintanable. New feature is really hard to do. GUI is really complicated.

DenisChenu wrote: Look at wordpress success or Spip or any another CMS. Success is due to Plugin not from core.

I haven't said, that a plugin will need an update every week.

And since I am using Wordpress a lot, I see problems with plugins very often. Not plugin against the wordpress core, but problems using plugins together.
A "Incompatible Themes & Plugins" page is the consequence of that plugin hell. As long as the plugins list is short and always shipped with the LS installation it might be the better way.

The GSoC page allows dumb users like me to get some insights about what the developer think about the codebase. manual.limesurvey.org/Project_ideas_for_GSoC_2015
A lot of work near the core.

• holch
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117725 by holch
Thanks Jelo for posting the link for GSoC 2015.

I think there are actually some very interesting projects there. I personally look forward to those:

Re-organize the Limesurvey Admin Interface for better Navigation Usability
Remove jQuery UI and replace it with Bootstrap, harmonize GUI of different admin screens
Update Limesurvey Template Engine to use Twig

We were missing quite a bit of information on where the core teams wants Limesurvey to go. This at least gives some ideas and I like what I see, because it addresses quite a few of the main problemas that I see with Limesurvey at the moment.

While the gui is actually not to complicated, it is not the most appealing one and also not the fastest one. What I don't get for example is why we need to many steps to get somewhere.

And not only that you have to go through "Survey"-"Group"-"Question". There comes a fairly useless overview screen and to edit you still have to click. And then if you want to go to the advanced features you have to click again. All this, while there is a lot of lost space on the page and I think the advanced features could be shown, if we would use a two column approach, etc.

Ups, I am getting quite off topic now...

• DenisChenu
  • Away
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117726 by DenisChenu

jelo wrote: ...
The GSoC page allows dumb users like me to get some insights about what the developer think about the codebase. manual.limesurvey.org/Project_ideas_for_GSoC_2015
A lot of work near the core.

Yes and a lot offer system for plugin :).

For WP : use a plugin make by a good dev ;).

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose