Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Check if any optional Q not yet answered + show alert warning or show text

• kmanapp
  • kmanapp's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117586 by kmanapp
My survey composes of mandatory questions and optional questions.

Thankful to the powerful LimeSurvey build-in function of checking and warning for unanswered mandatory question, the issue for mandatory questions are already nicely handled by showing a pop-up alert message box and highlight the concerned unanswered mandatory questions in red.

However, I would like to know if there is also some similar build-in function for optional questions?

As it is not uncommon that survey participants usually makes careless mistakes by overlooking some optional questions which are nonetheless important to academic research survey. We do not want to make those optional questions become mandatory simply because those questions are not compulsory to research study. However they are still playing an important role to critically affect a research result.

Anyway, the way I would like to make is to draw participant's greatest attention before submission, simply wither [1] a pop-up alert box or [2] by showing a conspicuous text on the question pages, or any page before submission.

Would appreciate your greatest help if you could offer your great idea and share your experience!

Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • aesteban
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117601 by aesteban
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmanapp
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose