Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Managing the complexity of 360 survey with Tokens?

• nandan
  • nandan's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #117384 by nandan
Hello,

Please bear with me, as I am asking a long question.

I am trying to create a 360 degree survey for a small group. The design of the survey, broadly, is as follows:

Around 10 people who will each be the focus of the survey. (Let us call each of them a Person-in-Focus, or PIF)

Each PIF will have relationships defined. e.g., a Boss, 3 subordinates, 3 peers and 2 clients.

A questionnaire will be sent to each of them, including the PIF. The questionnaire will be the same, except that the sentence will change, e.g., PIF will be asked how do *you* rate yourself on Communication Skills? and Boss, Peers et al will be asked, how do you rate *him/her* on Communication Skills.

Essentially, therefore, there are only 2 variants of the questionnaire.

The complexity is that some people will be bosses of 2 PIFs, or boss of one PIF and themselves another PIF, etc., so it is necessary that in the beginning of the questionnaire itself, we make it clear 1. for whom they are filling in the questionnaire and 2.what is their role or relationship with the PIF.

Now, the question I have is as follows:

Can I use tokens to define parameters and then use it to have a statement like "Dear Mr./Mrs/Ms. ____<name> You have been nominated as Mr. PIF's _____ <peer, boss or subordinate>"
Or will it require use of EM?

Thanks for your time and effort, if you have read till here :)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by nandan. Reason: missed out mention of EM
The topic has been locked.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
9 years 1 month ago #117400 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic Managing the complexity of 360 survey with Tokens?
Hi,

I run 360 degrees surveys based on Limesurvey.
It wasn´t an easy development: The solution I have involves 3 surveys: For designating the observers (filled by the evaluated), For evaluating (filled by the observers), For evaluating (Filled by the evaluated). I don´t see clear how you are handling nominations.

As per your specific questions, you can create custom fields for tokens and then use that field in the question text (basic level EM).

Hope it helps,

Gabriel

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• nandan
  • nandan's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #117412 by nandan
Thanks,Gabriel!

The idea is to get a defined nomination list from the client. The client will define, through discussions with us, which people will be designated as survey takers for the PIF and their relationship with the PIF.

Is there any tutorial you could point me towards for this? Or is the manual the best guide?

Nandan
  • gabrieljenik
More
9 years 1 month ago #117419 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic Managing the complexity of 360 survey with Tokens?
Yes, the manual is the best approach.
If not a developer, some development concepts would help to perform what you whish.

Cheers,

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose