Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to do this > Automatic Email batch for invitation/reminder

More
9 years 2 months ago #116060 by romy
Dear All,

Firstly, we want to say Thanks a lot for the limesurvey developers/supports :)
because this tool really helps us to get our students' opinion about our performance/services (per semester + subject + lecturer).

As the limitation of our ISP Mailserver, we currently only can send invitation/reminder up to 15 email account per batch (with 1-2 minutes interval). Otherwise, we will encounter some errors. :evil:
---
For one survey, we have to send the invitations/reminders to around 300 recipients.
It means we have to click 20 times the "continue button" in order to proceed with the next batch. :(
Furthermore, we need up to 2 minutes as an interval each batch.

Question:
Does LimeSurvey have this feature i.e. automaticaly sending the invitation/reminder per batch
(with interval around 1-2 minutes per batch) ? :whistle:

Thanks for help

Regards,
Romy
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 2 months ago #116065 by stefanverweij
Take a look at this topic :

If I was you, I would suggest either contacting your hosting company, as to me your sending limit seems really extreme. You could also contact Mazi at the bottom of the topic I linked as he is looking into a solution, or switch to Mandrill of Sendgrid to send your emails. They have generous free accounts that you can use, and as an extra option you can track opens and clicks..You should change your spf and dkim settings, but mandrill explains how to do that pretty clearly.

Good luck,
Stefan
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
9 years 2 months ago #116080 by Mazi
You can set up a cron job to automatically send X emails every Y minutes. Such a script is available here:
www.limesurvey-templates.com/automatical...nvitations-p-49.html

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose