Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Randomize inter-group questions

Randomize inter-group questions 1 year 5 months ago #106613

• theseek3r
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi again,

I am building a survey and it is necessary for the questions to appear group by group AND in a random order. More specifically, there are almost 90 questions that I would like to appear in arrays, ten questions per array, one array per page (the answers are 5-scale, custom answer title - not numerical - see screenshot below

), and also be randomized to each individual participant. Preceding those 90 questions, there is a group of demographic questions that I would like to remain intact (no randomization).

So there is a pool of 90 questions that need to be presented page by page in 9 arrays (one array per page) of 10 subquestions each, and all of those to be randomly presented, while the demographic questions that belong to a preceding group need to be presented in a non-random way.

I would greatly appreciate any contributions.

Many thanks

Giorgos

P.S. This survey is for academic research (University of Patras, Greece)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by theseek3r.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Randomize inter-group questions 1 year 5 months ago #106614

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1046
You cannot dynamically change which array the sub-questions belong to.

You can randomize the display of sub-questions in a given array - manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Ar...r_.28random_order.29.

You can randomize the display of the groups - manual.limesurvey.org/Creating_a_questio..._group_randomization.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Randomize inter-group questions 1 year 5 months ago #106624

• theseek3r
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for your quick response.

I have noticed that each subquestion holds a label (e.g. SQ001), couldn't that be a key to be used in a random process, in case I choose those labels to be unique along all arrays?

The thing is that I haven't got any javascript skills.

Randomize inter-group questions 1 year 5 months ago #106657

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1046
As I said, the array sub-questions must be defined before survey activation and cannot be moved dynamically at survey runtime.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds