Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I export data result via command line?

• yangxg
  • yangxg's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #105243 by yangxg
Hi:

I want to integrate limesurvey and R in a more automatical way, that is to use limesurvey as the data collecting tool and analyze the result with R. Therefore, I need to import the data result via command script. Although tools like RMySQL can read data directly from the database, I more love the data structure by the export function inside the Limesurvey.

My questions is, how to exporting the data in R format by the command line (preferably in Linux platform), in stead of mannually click the exporting button after loggin?

I dont know if it is possible, and if not, is there any alternative solution?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Yang
The following user(s) said Thank You: r0bis
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 2 months ago #148682 by r0bis
Replied by r0bis on topic Can I export data result via command line?
This is precisely my situation as well. Such a facility would be great. I would envision as a commandline utility that can generate data export in one of the defined formats (csv, xls, R) for a given survey as defined by surveyID.

r0berts
More
7 years 2 months ago #148693 by r0bis
Replied by r0bis on topic Can I export data result via command line?
Just an update - I found perfect solution for my needs. Data can be pulled off remotely (or if you connect to the machine via crossover cable, in case of non-internet connected machine) at whatever intervals you like using JSON-RPC interface. Data goes straight into R. Basically you need to install **limer** library into R from github.com/cloudyr/limer and you are set to go. You can easily write scripts in R that can be run from crontab.

r0berts

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose