Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I pipe data into the survey from my database.

Can I pipe data into the survey from my database. 4 months 3 days ago #102629

• tom1969
  • Fresh Lemon
Is there a way to import data from a database and assign it to certain questions much like you can pipe information from previous answers to current question??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can I pipe data into the survey from my database. 4 months 3 days ago #102634

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
There are different ways. You could include it into the token table as a custom attribute. Or you add it to the survey url and read it into a hidden text field.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Can I pipe data into the survey from my database. 4 months 3 days ago #102644

• tom1969
  • Fresh Lemon
I didn't fully explain sorry.. Lets say I have 500 records with various data for each client I want to take the survey. Is there any way to iterate through my client list and load a new client every time the survey launches. I need specific information piped in for each. I am trying to do surveys over the phone using call center operators. We currently have a very outdated system and are looking to implement a web based solution.

Can I pipe data into the survey from my database. 4 months 3 days ago #102650

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
As I said, you could pipe it in via the URL, but you will need a script that will serve the different links with the token included.

There is a software called Quexs which is a CATI software that integrates a slightly outdated Limesurvey version. You might want to have a look at that.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tom1969
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Donation Image