Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I pipe data into the survey from my database.

• tom1969
  • tom1969's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #102629 by tom1969
Is there a way to import data from a database and assign it to certain questions much like you can pipe information from previous answers to current question??
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 4 months ago #102634 by holch
There are different ways. You could include it into the token table as a custom attribute. Or you add it to the survey url and read it into a hidden text field.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tom1969
  • tom1969's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #102644 by tom1969
I didn't fully explain sorry.. Lets say I have 500 records with various data for each client I want to take the survey. Is there any way to iterate through my client list and load a new client every time the survey launches. I need specific information piped in for each. I am trying to do surveys over the phone using call center operators. We currently have a very outdated system and are looking to implement a web based solution.
  • holch
More
10 years 4 months ago #102650 by holch
As I said, you could pipe it in via the URL, but you will need a script that will serve the different links with the token included.

There is a software called Quexs which is a CATI software that integrates a slightly outdated Limesurvey version. You might want to have a look at that.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tom1969

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose