Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I host an active limesurvey survey offline?

• limejohn
  • limejohn's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #102299 by limejohn
Hi guys,

I am designing a survey that will be a computer assisted survey, but we will be going into the field to collect our answers and we have no guarantees that we will necessarily have internet access. SO i was wondering if i could host my survey locally in order to be able to conduct and record the surveys offline.

I understand that with the XAMPP installation i can use it locally on my computer, but after looking through the limesurvey information I dont know whether i can do something similar once the survey is active.

thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 4 months ago #102315 by tpartner
Yes, a XAMPP installation is fully functional and can be used to collect data.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 1 week ago #134399 by Mazi

limejohn wrote: we have no guarantees that we will necessarily have internet access. SO i was wondering if i could host my survey locally in order to be able to conduct and record the surveys offline.

Nowadays such surveys in the field are usually done using smartphones or tablets. We have recently released a free Limesurvey Android app called " OfflineSurveys " which allows to cache any Limesurvey survey on your Android device to use it offline.
Data can later be synced with the Limesurvey system automatically once Internet is available.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose