Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Drop Incomplete Survey during Manual Compiling

Drop Incomplete Survey during Manual Compiling 11 months 2 weeks ago #95569

• ArzArz
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi everybody!

I have a little problem...
I have a survey that an operator manually compile inserting the answers.

But, when he wait too much on clicking on the confirm button (4-5 minutes) or when he simply close the browser tab without compiling he find an incomplete survey in the submitted answers.

I do not want that this happen, not confirmed survey should not be saved if too much time passed or even if the operator close the tab of his browser.

How could I fix this?

Thank you in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Drop Incomplete Survey during Manual Compiling 11 months 2 weeks ago #95573

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
I am not quite sure if I got you right (not sure what manually compiling means for example).

But as soon as the respondent passes on to another page of Limesurvey the responses so far a saved in the database and thus if the respondent doesn't continue, it is registered as an incomplete answer.

I don't see any chance to change this without major custom coding.

But I think you can delete the incomplete answers from the UI from time to time or just display completed answers.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Drop Incomplete Survey during Manual Compiling 11 months 2 weeks ago #95586

• ArzArz
  • Fresh Lemon
holch wrote:
I am not quite sure if I got you right (not sure what manually compiling means for example).

But as soon as the respondent passes on to another page of Limesurvey the responses so far a saved in the database and thus if the respondent doesn't continue, it is registered as an incomplete answer.

I don't see any chance to change this without major custom coding.

But I think you can delete the incomplete answers from the UI from time to time or just display completed answers.

Yeah, but what if I have only a page? In my case limesurvey always save a totally blank interview, completely useless in my case.
My operator don't wanna manually delete the blank interview (it's a waste of time) and I was wondering if there's a better solution for this problem...

Drop Incomplete Survey during Manual Compiling 11 months 2 weeks ago #95587

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
Well, if it is only one page, then of course there is nothing in it. But as soon as someone starts a survey, they survey is registered. And in most other use cases, you would want to keep also the non complete interviews. I would get really mad if those would be lost. ;-)

So what your operator can do is just show the completed ones in the interface and you could create a cronjob to delete uncomplete surveys after a while.

Problem is, that currently used surveys are also "unfinished", so the risk would be to delete interviews that are just fine, because the person is currently filling it in.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.924 seconds
Donation Image