Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SGQA shortcut for reference via javascript / jquery on final page?

SGQA shortcut for reference via javascript / jquery on final page? 1 year 8 hours ago #95248

Hi. I'm doing some modularization of surveys over here. Key to that is the ability to not custom code the javascript as much as possible - rather, I would prefer to have something more generic that can be applied to different surveys regardless of the SGQA.

To whit... is there a shortcut? More specifically, I'm calling an ajax function on the final screen (embedded in the end message, actually).

I want to reference 3 fields that were populated earlier in the survey. While I could reference via SGQA, the survey, groups, questions, etc... are being generated dynamically so I'd prefer not to track S / G / Q / A variables for each survey if I can help it. I'd really like to be able to do something along the lines of $('#foo').val() with #foo being the question 'code' used during question creation.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

("...he waits anxiously, hopeful, yet still fearful of bad news...")
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SGQA shortcut for reference via javascript / jquery on final page? 11 months 4 weeks ago #95258

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 688
You can use Expression Manager variables in the end message.

So, assuming the question code is foo, if you want to pipe in the answer code, something like this should work:
{foo.value}

Or, if you want to pipe in the answer label:
{foo.shown}
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by tpartner.

SGQA shortcut for reference via javascript / jquery on final page? 11 months 4 weeks ago #95276

Sweet. Thanks. That's perfect. I haven't done anything with expressions (they look daunting). Time to tackle it.

I appreciate your assistance.

SGQA shortcut for reference via javascript / jquery on final page? 11 months 4 weeks ago #95282

For the next person who finds this useful - as a hint, you may need to escape using quotes. For example, if there's a question with code "foo", the following displays the value in the console:
<script>
console.log("{foo.value}");
</script>
My point being that the above would break without the double-quotes encapsulating the expression var.

Hope this helps someone!
Last Edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by McdanielMackenzie. Reason: to fix a typo
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Donation Image