Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dual scale array + 5 point choose

Dual scale array + 5 point choose 1 year 1 week ago #94813

• nortex
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi all, please help!

I need a survey with 2 scales of answers that will have 5 point choose answers

Basically its a mix of Array dual scale question type and 5 point choose question type.

Does anyone have any ideas of how can i do it?

how can i make my dual scale question to have 5 point choose answer? if i just make answers type in the dual scale from 1 to 5 in statistics it doesn't recognize the 1-5 answers as points and doesn't make average and summary of the points in the statistics.

any answer would be great! thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dual scale array + 5 point choose 1 year 6 days ago #94883

• orvil
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Nortex,

you are free to define your own scale by using the dual scale question. So simply define the 5 points required for your survey and you will get what you want.
Currently the LS 2.0 dual-scale statistic only supports distribution analysis. For further statistical requirements you will have to use an external application.
Best regards/Beste Grüße,
O. Villani

Dual scale array + 5 point choose 1 year 6 days ago #94890

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
For the "array" and "array dual scale" question type you can always define your own answer options.

There might be cases where you need a 6 point scale or a 20 point scale. Simply create answer options 1-x and there you go.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Dual scale array + 5 point choose 1 year 2 days ago #95004

• nortex
  • Fresh Lemon
What answer option do you mean? where can i configure answer options? I saw only Question options(type) .

I just want that the questions in dual scale array will be like points and that it will get me statistics with average point of each answer (just like in 5 point array), and if i just create subquestions from 1 to 5 the engine will see the numbers as regular answer and not as points type answer.

Dual scale array + 5 point choose 1 year 2 days ago #95020

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
If you need the stats displayed as 5-point, you will need to create separate questions and use JavaScript/CSS to make them appear to be an array. Here's a workaround that may get you started - docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Quest...stion_types_in_array.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Donation Image