Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Stratified Sampling by Attribute

• pnadam
  • pnadam's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #93245 by pnadam
Stratified Sampling by Attribute was created by pnadam
G'day all,

I've been wrestling with LimeSurvey for a couple of weeks now, where I've had the time, in order to see if I can use it to replace a system I wrote for conducting telephone surveys.

The surveys we're doing at the moment are sampled by a certain field in the data. We get responses from 10% of the contact set and this is stratified by this field. That is to say that if we get a set of 2,000 contacts, in which this field has possible values "A", "B", and "C", we contact 10% of the contacts for whom this field is "A", 10% of the contacts for whom this field is "B", etc, thus contacting ~200 people over all three strata.

I can see that I can set hard numberical non-relative limits on answers to certain questions, and that I can (if I don't mind having to upload a CSV file where the headings are 'attribute_1', 'attribute_2', etc.) use attributes to pre-answer some questions, but this doesn't allow me to employ stratified sampling. I would have to calculate these figures myself and then if we get a call from our client to say that a group of contacts is not to be contacted, I can remove them from the participant group for that survey but I would then have to manually recalculate the quota amounts for these answers.

Can LimeSurvey allow me to employ stratified sampling based on the contents of an attribute?
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose