Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Token import - CSV file too big

More
11 years 1 month ago #93096 by joe_p
Token import - CSV file too big was created by joe_p
Does anyone know the limit on the number of tokens LimeSurvey can import at once? I have a large survey where we will be doing 50,000 at a time, and I have import errors when I cut that in half (25,000 at a time). 100 at a time works.

What is the limit here?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 1 month ago #93098 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Token import - CSV file too big
I don't think the problem is the number of tokens, but the file size. This would depend very much on your server settings. What is the error message?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
11 years 1 month ago #93116 by joe_p
Replied by joe_p on topic Token import - CSV file too big
Thanks for the reply - I found the problem a short while after posting this (though I'd already been at it for a couple of hours).

I was getting a "limesurvey upload file not found" error, and it told me to check my permissions on the limesurvey/tmp/upload directory, but those weren't the issue.

My upload_max_filesize setting in PHP was the culprit - it was set to 2M. Adjusting this did the trick and let me run the large file.

Part of the confusion here also involved IIS, since our site runs on IIS - there is a setting there (maxRequestLength in the <httpRuntime> element) which has a default limit of 4M for file upload size. But it turned out PHP was the limiting factor here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch
  • holch
More
11 years 1 month ago #93119 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Token import - CSV file too big
Thanks for the feedback. It is important to post the solution, even if you find it yourself as this might help others.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose