Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

mailing system and spam issue

• Civette
  • Civette's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #91937 by Civette
mailing system and spam issue was created by Civette
Hi,

Well I bet I'm in an unappropriate section but haven't found a better place.

I have an issue I guess will not be fixed here but you may help. Basically any invitation / reminding / confirmation mail sent from my limesurvey is tagged as spam when sent to Gmail. I took following steps :

- automated email, one or many, sent from LS to gmail -> spam ( thus send by the web server throught php mail function )
- any email sent from another SMTP to Gmail, but same sender address -> properly delivered ( alternate hosting company SMTP or third party SMTP both successfully tested )
- Gmail advice : please check mass mailing senders advices ( weird as mail is tagged as spam even when single sending )
- Hoster advice : "our SMTP is fine and not blacklisted, we would know it, please provide a copy of the code". I also asked them to create a SPF record but they can't. ( Some would say to change hosting but this is not the point by now )

This bring me to my question. Is the mail sending engine the phpmailer library ? and if yes from wher is it called ?

Thank you in advance
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 1 month ago #91943 by holch
Replied by holch on topic mailing system and spam issue
why don't you use the SMTP option in Limesurvey. The php mail scripts often cause problems as providers assume that they are only used for spam (and often they are).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Civette
  • Civette's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #91947 by Civette
Replied by Civette on topic mailing system and spam issue
Actually I did... My host seems to have two kinds of SMTP gateways

The first one seems reserved to the web servers and is tagged as spam when used. It is probably in open relay for their web servers as no authentication is needed and cannot be used from extrenall access

The second is accessible from anywhere and requires autentication.... but access is forbidden from the web servers.

Grrrr
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 7 months ago #122834 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic mailing system and spam issue

Civette wrote: I have an issue I guess will not be fixed here but you may help. Basically any invitation / reminding / confirmation mail sent from my limesurvey is tagged as spam when sent to Gmail.

Have a look at www.limesurvey-consulting.com/how-to-pre...ing-treated-as-spam/

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose