Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Release Mangement of DB Specific Items?

• helper
  • helper's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #90245 by helper
I have three environments (DEV, TEST, and PRD) and have noted that when I migrate my surveys (using the export within LimeSurvey) that the questions do not line up. Is there any method to make sure that when we migrate the survey from environment to environment that the surveyID and question ID's stay the same?
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 3 months ago #90254 by jelo
Which Version are you using. I understand your problem. I don't see a way to get surveyid fixed. I would like a feature too, which would allow to preset these values.
Perhaps questionids could be keep identical with the feature to regenerate codes.

For release management you might take a look at the excel import/export feature.
docs.limesurvey.org/Excel+Survey+Structu...tions+for+LimeSurvey

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 3 months ago #90282 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Aw: Release Mangement of DB Specific Items?

jelo wrote: Perhaps questionids could be keep identical with the feature to regenerate codes.

Too difficult ...

TEST: add a question in survey 12: question ID is 212
DEV: add a question in survey 11: question ID is 212

What to do ? Replace the QID in DEV ? in TEST ? in prod ?

You can copy the table survey/question and group to do this , but it's too specific for LS core.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • helper
  • helper's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #90285 by helper
Replied by helper on topic Release Mangement of DB Specific Items?
Jelo,

Thank you for the information - my current version is Version 2.00+ Build 121213 (I usually update at least the day after any new release).

I will look into the Excel side of the house to see if I can identify some method to keep these values the same. My issue is at post processing where I must create an XML document from the results and pass this XML to our mainframe using $aFullResponseTable as the results.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose