Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Statistic filtered based on participant attributes

More
11 years 3 months ago #90120 by jackX
I am trying to do something that seems trivial and a core requirement and spent a lot of time trying to find out about it, google it and play with the software to get it to go, but I simply can not figure it out:

Let's say I am creating a new token with custom attribues like retail location, retail employee, product purchased. Email a satisfaction questionnaire and wish to evaluate the answers. Now I want to know how well the Madison Ave location does and I am lately worried about Heather working there.

How can I filter the responses based on the attributes I passed in. I even tried to find a way to create hidden questions and maybe use the attributes to create default answers, so those could be used via the answers filters.

There is no reason to ask the participants about those attributes since the POS already knows the, but to get them filter, I will almost have to.

What am I missing?
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 3 months ago #90123 by VBraun
If I remember it correctly you can do it easily but survey can NOT be anonymous to link token attributes to answers.

So set Anonymized responses at General settings/Token of your survey to No and it should work.
More
11 years 3 months ago #90140 by jackX
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I did set the survey to Anonymized = No, and passed in plenty of tokens with data in the corresponding attribute fields. My issue seems to be that I can not seem to find an interface to filter with, as the statistics module only displays general and response filters, there are no options to filter by token/participant attributes though. Any suggestions?
  • mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 3 months ago #90141 by mdekker
The statistics offered inside limesurvey do not offer filtering on token attributes and are only included for quick statistics. If you want more then that the export to excel or spss offer you all you need. If not anonymous, the token data including attributes will be included.

---
Menno Dekker
More
11 years 3 months ago #90143 by jackX
Thank you Menno! I am glad I can give up looking for something that isn't there :)
More
11 years 3 months ago #90166 by VBraun
I checked it up only this morning to find the same. I previously used only export where token fields are available and I mistakenly assumed that it also works in statistics.
  • tpartner
More
11 years 3 months ago #90168 by tpartner
If you need the filtering in statistics, you can create radio questions that correspond the the attributes and use JavaScript to set and hide them.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose