Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey URL with tokens

• cheyennemtnman
  • cheyennemtnman's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #87631 by cheyennemtnman
Survey URL with tokens was created by cheyennemtnman
Where can I get the survey URLs or how do I create them in url format to use to send a specific survey taker (token) to their assigned survey. Specifically, I am looking to list the survey links assigned to a particular survey taker in html form that is to be displayed to the specific survey taker only.

I see you have a routine that does so in your email code... can that be used to create the Survey URLs for each survey taker?
The topic has been locked.
  • cheyennemtnman
More
11 years 5 months ago #87721 by cheyennemtnman
Replied by cheyennemtnman on topic Survey URL with tokens
How Can I programmatically create the values displayed in invite email for {SURVEYURL}?
Is there a code snippet I could use? I would like to build each survey URL for in house survey takers so they can click on a link in our intranet html pages...
  • cheyennemtnman
More
11 years 5 months ago #87784 by cheyennemtnman
Replied by cheyennemtnman on topic Survey URL with tokens
Bump
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 5 months ago #87841 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Survey URL with tokens

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
4 years 10 months ago #185567 by dpellegrini
Replied by dpellegrini on topic Survey URL with tokens
Was there a definitive answer to this?

We are defining a participants table and adding participants immediately before sending them to the survey itself. We provide our own token (a userid) rather than having LS generate one. This is so we can track who has completed the survey and who has not. We don't want users to have to register with LS. It has to be transparent/automatic.

When the user is sent to the survey, how does LS know which token/user is taking the survey? I assume it should be part of the URL, but how?

I can generate the URL myself if necessary, but I need to know the structure. It would be nice if LS provided a facility to do so. Perhaps it does and I haven't stumbled across it yet. Any pointers in the right direction are welcome ...

David
  • Joffm
More
4 years 10 months ago #185570 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Survey URL with tokens
Hi,
if you create a participants table - no matter if you create own tokens or not - you always see here who answered the survey.

I assume it should be part of the URL, but how?

If you send out the invitations out of LimeSurvey, this is the default behaviour.
But if you are going to use a different mailer...
Easiest way:
Create a survey, create a participants table, enter your name and email, activate the survey and send an invitation to your address.
You will see this structure:
www.myServer.com/limesurvey/index.php/ [SurveyID]?token=[RespondentToken]&lang=[languageCode]

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: dpellegrini, chabichu
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 10 months ago #185571 by DenisChenu

DenisChenu wrote: www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...rt-token-links#87839

But more …

Url structure can be easily find with a test token … i don't understand the question …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • holch
More
4 years 10 months ago #185576 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Survey URL with tokens
You don't need to send the invitation email, create one test token, as Denis says and in the token list within Limesurvey you find the little cock wheel in front of your test token entry and there is the URL. Just take that one and you can see how the link structure is created and you can then create your own.

But how do you create the token entries in Limesurvey? Via API?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dpellegrini
More
4 years 10 months ago #185672 by dpellegrini
Replied by dpellegrini on topic Survey URL with tokens
I created a test token using the API ( api.limesurvey.org/classes/remotecontrol...hod_add_participants ). The part I was missing was how that token is sent with the survey URI to identify the user taking the survey. I assumed it was either a query string argument or part of the path, but saw no documentation indicating one way or the other. Maybe I just missed it, which is why I was asking.

Thank you for pointing out that the gear icon for the participant held the answer. That was non-obvious, but I'll take it. A little older, a little wiser now ...

Here's the URI structure, for future seekers:
https://<your-subdomain>.limequery.com/<survey-id>?token=<token>&newtest=Y

Cheers, everyone!

David
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 10 months ago #185687 by DenisChenu
Yes, seems there are a lack of functionnaly for cpd_importParticipants
You can make a feature request , see add_participants $bCreateToken var
And return the values added

Else currently need
1. get_participant_properties to get the id of each particpants added
2. generate manually token for each one (lack of function …)
3. set_participant_properties to set the token

Anlother solution construct your own remote_control function
Fir example : fix cpd_importParticipants fuction to allow token creation and return partcipants values as array

After : make a pull request for this new cpd_importParticipants function (update current broken one)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose