Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

CC added to Confirmation Email -- Update token email with javascript

• CmeLime
  • CmeLime's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #81732 by CmeLime
Hi,

I am attempting to CC the confirmation email on the survey. The cc email address is entered by the user in response to a question, and on the next question, I have this javascript:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
$(document).ready(function() {

"{TOKEN:EMAIL}" = "{TOKEN:EMAIL}"+","+"{TOKEN:EMAIL}";
document.write ("{TOKEN:EMAIL}");

});
</script>

however, nothing appears to happen...

I tested it with alert("hello"); and that displays the alert message fine. If I put alert("{TOKEN:EMAIL}"); that also fails (does nothing). The survey proceeds as if it isn't there.

Thanks for such an amazing and well crafted application!! My survey is wonderful, it works incredibly well (thanks for some work arounds in the wiki) including conditional links in the confirmation email and response texts.
The topic has been locked.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
11 years 9 months ago #81737 by Mazi
Why don't you add the additional email address at the survey settings? There you should be able to list several email addresses separated by "," or ";".

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • CmeLime
More
11 years 9 months ago #81742 by CmeLime
Thanks for that suggestion. My apology. The situation is that a person (call them facilitator) is using the survey while screen sharing/telephone call with the person being sruveyed. There are many facilitators, so a question in the survey requests the facilitor's email address which is the address I'd like to CC during survey operation.

Thanks again for a great application!
  • TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 9 months ago #81745 by TMSWhite
You can definitely send the facilitator a cc of the basic or detailed admin notification email. Simply add ;{FacilitatorsEmail} to the end of the appropriate Notification and Data Management field ( documentation ).

Sounds like you want to add a cc to the confirmation email which thanks the user for their participation.

A logical way to do that might be to add ;{FacilitatorsEmail} to the end of the email address for the subject in the tokens table, but that doesn't work at present (but you could propose it as an enhancement request).

However, the basic or detailed admin notification email should be adequate for your needs. If there is some text from the confirmation email you need, you can edit the admin notification emails to include that text.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CmeLime
  • CmeLime
More
11 years 9 months ago #81829 by CmeLime
Thanks one and all....used the documented (ouch, sorry for the RTFM) cc and it works great that way. Will suggest the cc ability for the confirmation email too
  • Mazi
More
11 years 9 months ago #82007 by Mazi

CmeLime wrote: Thanks one and all....used the documented (ouch, sorry for the RTFM) cc and it works great that way. Will suggest the cc ability for the confirmation email too

You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to give Limesurvey a future .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
More
8 years 7 months ago #123868 by miherb
Hi there,

I have a quick question.

You mentioned that you were using the survey while screen sharing/telephone call with the person being surveyed. We will use the same process with respondent who doesn't have a lot of time. I would like to know what is the best way to share the screen of the person being surveyed with Limesurvey. Is it possible to achieve that without the installation of a 3rd party software like team viewer, skype or join.me etc or is it possible to integrate one of those directly within the survey via a plugin?

Thanks a lot
  • tpartner
More
8 years 6 months ago #123927 by tpartner
No cross-posting please.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose