Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Piping 'Other' option/category from multiple choice using array filter

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
11 years 7 months ago #84276 by Mazi

TMSWhite wrote: Personally, I'd vote to going back to the way 1.91+ worked. I have plenty of surveys where users want to check the other check-box, but do not be forced to specify any details. The changed implementation does not allow that.

This would also be my preferred solution as default behavior. Maybe we can then have a second behavior which is triggered by an advanced question setting.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
The topic has been locked.
  • gwiesner
  • gwiesner's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #84296 by gwiesner
Dear Tony - many thanks for the prompt and detailed help. Worked like a charm. It wasn't immediately obvious what the question code was for my 'other' option but worked it out from the survey logic file.

Cheers,
Glen
More
11 years 2 months ago #91473 by ChengF
Hi tpartner,

I encountered the same issue and I tried to use your solution. But the system does not let me use code "other" for Question 2. It gave me a error warning which is "Error: other is a reserved key word". I believe I am using 1.92 version. Any solution for that?

Thank you in advance!
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 2 months ago #91475 by tpartner
I have just tested the solution with the latest release of 1.92 and it allowed me to use "other" as a sub-question code in a multiple-numeric question and the filtering and piping worked.

Please update to the final release of 1.92 and retest.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
11 years 2 months ago #91476 by ChengF
I just checked that our version is "LimeSurvey Version 2.00+ Build 121127".

I tested again it will let me put in code "Other" not "other". But if it is "Other" it looks like a new code has nothing to do with the one from previous question. Here are my screenshot.

• tpartner
More
11 years 2 months ago #91511 by tpartner
Oh, yeah, in 2.0 you can't use that code which I still consider to be a bug. See this post for more discussion and a possible solution - www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/design-issue...-cascade-array#88753

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose