Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Email and EM (1.92)

Email and EM (1.92) 3 years 6 months ago #71804

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
@Tom: I also think spam is not such a big issue when implementing this.

I'm also thinking about doing the validation on the last page, after a user submits results (that is the event that triggers sending confirmation emails). This should cover nearly all requirements and should make validation pretty easy.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Email and EM (1.92) 4 months 1 day ago #118817

• nwinter
  • Fresh Lemon
It's been a while, but I thought I'd resurrect this topic. I would very find very useful an email() function in EM. Right now I have a survey with a very long, complex confirmation email message that includes lots of conditional logic and answers from the survey. EM works beautifully to construct it.

However, I would like to be able to trigger an email of this sort from within the survey, without waiting for submit. Why? Because I'd like to allow people to enter some of the survey, email themselves a report, then save their responses for further work later, then eventually submit.

So an alternative, I suppose, would be to find a way in custom javascript to trigger the confirmation email routine. Any suggestions along either line here?

Thanks much!

Email and EM (1.92) 4 months 17 hours ago #118844

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1038
You won't be able to use JavaScript to trigger the LimeSurvey confirmation but you could make an AJAX call to a remote PHP script that sends a mail.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Email and EM (1.92) 4 months 12 hours ago #118864

• nwinter
  • Fresh Lemon
That makes sense, and I am exploring just such a solution. However, that requires a lot of work to package and transmit the contents of the email, which is html-formatted. I can do that, but it's basically reinventing functionality that is already in place and well-tested.

I may just give up on the email and present the formatted report as a giant text-display, which users can then copy and paste as needed.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds