Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Send a copy of the survey results to the participant once completed?

• eadamuk
  • eadamuk's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #70843 by eadamuk
Is it possible to email a participant a copy of the survey results once they have completed the survey so they have them for their records?

Is it possible to store them for registered users maybe, so they can at least retrieve them at a later date? If this is the preferred method is it possible to force everyone to have to self-register before they complete a survey?

Thanks,
Adam
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 3 months ago #70864 by tpartner
You can send the respondent a detailed notification email with thier responses - docs.limesurvey.org/Creating+a+new+surve..._amp_data_management

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eadamuk, christianlangkamp
  • eadamuk
  • eadamuk's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #70906 by eadamuk
Thanks - this is just what I wanted!
More
8 years 3 months ago #129265 by Ben_V

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner
More
6 years 1 day ago #165545 by Feorod
Hi there,

I am testing the {ANSWERTABLE} inside the Confirmation email sent after a token participant finishes a survey. The confirmation mail doesn't contain the answers given, but a red rectangle with ANSWERTABLE in it.

What have I done wrong ??? Attachments for better comprehension...

Eric
  • tpartner
More
6 years 16 hours ago #165548 by tpartner
Unfortunately, we cannot test or offer advice on a 4-year old version. Please update to a new stable version and retest.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch
  • christianlangkamp
More
4 years 6 months ago #188295 by christianlangkamp

tpartner wrote: You can send the respondent a detailed notification email with thier responses - docs.limesurvey.org/Creating+a+new+surve..._amp_data_management

Hi - is there now an update to this ?
Same question - I have an open survey, the participant fills it, and then I want to send a confirmation email with 5 results (calculated fields) and then to the email the person specified.
  • tpartner
More
4 years 6 months ago #188300 by tpartner
Please refer to the manual.

You can define where to send the basic or detailed notifications in the Notifications & data settings - manual.limesurvey.org/Notifications_%26_data

You can modify the email templates as required - manual.limesurvey.org/Email_templates

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• christianlangkamp
More
4 years 6 months ago #188305 by christianlangkamp
Hi Tony,
I do believe in principle answer is included in the manual, but it is not exactly selfexplanatory for this somewhat basic functionality.

'Basic and detailed admin notifications email'

Essentially I would expect to put in some question - Email Address, and then with the expression manager refer to it in the email templates, which I have seen (presumably using the confirmation email).

No participation registration, and I would also ideally use the email just to send the email, but despite asking for it not write it into the database. Essentially I want an anonymized data set.

But then still some open questions remain
Where - assuming I put in an smtp access etc. - do I then make the software actually send the email upon the registrant pressing the submit button.

Best wishes and thanks for your time.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #188316 by holch

Essentially I would expect to put in some question - Email Address, and then with the Expression Manager refer to it in the email templates, which I have seen (presumably using the confirmation email).

You create a question, e.g. called "email" and then in the field for the basic or the detailed admin notification email you use this field as placeholder {email}. This will take the email given in the question with the code "email" and send the notification email with that.

Now you need to adapt the Notification email template (basic or detailed), whatever you chose and adapt it via EM to pipe in the information you want.

The main problem will be this part:

No participation registration, and I would also ideally use the email just to send the email, but despite asking for it not write it into the database. Essentially I want an anonymized data set.

If you ask for the email, it will be stored in the database. This is necessary to pipe the answer to this email question as the email to receive the admin notification via Expression manager. As this admin notification will only be sent once the survey is completed, this needs to be saved until submitted.

Otherwise you could overwrite the content of this question via a equation question. But unfortunately, but quite logically, you can't put this equation question after the submit button, and thus it is not possible.

Maybe could create something via the API or a plugin that deletes a specific field after submit. But I am no expert in this.

Where - assuming I put in an smtp access etc. - do I then make the software actually send the email upon the registrant pressing the submit button.

You need to configure your email server/account in the general settings of Limesurvey. See manual: manual.limesurvey.org/global_settings#Email_settings

Then, as described above, you take the email saved in the email question and pipe it into the field for the basic or detailed admin notification.

manual.limesurvey.org/Notifications_%26_..._notifications_email

BUT: for this to be possible, you'll need to have the email saved in a question. And you don't want that.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: christianlangkamp
  • christianlangkamp
More
4 years 6 months ago #188331 by christianlangkamp
First of all - thank you !

Yes, I suppose I am trying to square the circle here … maybe I just accept that if I want to send confirmation emails, then I will also have to store the email addresses.

Thanks to your elaboration I also understood now that the 'admin notification email' isn't just there to notify the admin, but can be also notification email BY the admin, which is what I was looking for !

Thanks
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #188358 by holch

Thanks to your elaboration I also understood now that the 'admin notification email' isn't just there to notify the admin, but can be also notification email BY the admin, which is what I was looking for !

Well, in the first place the "admin notification email" is there to send notifications to the administrator. That is what it was implemented for. However, later people found out that they could make use of it to send emails not only to the admin, but also pipe emails from the questionnaire into it.

Now you might want to find out if you can trigger maybe a custom script via the end url feature that triggers the API to delete the email fromt he database. I am not coding wizard, but I guess this should be possible.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose