Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The respondent cannot take the cannot take the survey twice

The respondent cannot take the cannot take the survey twice 3 years 11 months ago #63839

• sivajik
  • Fresh Lemon
Folks

Is it possible to set up a Lime survey so that a respondent cannot take the survey twice? I tried the token feature but when I initialized the tokens and tested the survey, I was unable to start the survey without putting in a token. This won't work for my needs, rather, the respondents must be able to enter the survey without a token, yet not be allowed to take the survey twice.

Can you please shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

Sivaji
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The respondent cannot take the cannot take the survey twice 3 years 11 months ago #63840

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 481
You can set up the token feature so that the token is included in the url, which means he won't have to insert anything.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

The respondent cannot take the cannot take the survey twice 3 years 11 months ago #63858

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1010
You have 2 solution:
Token : the only sure solution : a respondant can't answer twice.
Cookie : respondant can't answer twice with the same navigator , but can answer twice in another computer.

It's not a LS limitation, there are no technical solution without token.

You can use what you want in token email adresse for example.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds