Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Enable sending email from LimeSurvey with a GoDaddy.com shared Linux host?

Enable sending email from LimeSurvey with a GoDaddy.com shared Linux host? 2 years 9 months ago #62936

• dananrg
  • Fresh Lemon
How would I enable LimeSurvey to send email from a GoDaddy.com, or any other, shared Linux host? I know where the config dialog is at but am not sure what choices to make. Would I need to configure an email account for my domain at GoDaddy.com or will it Just Work if I include a Yahoo account for the admin email address?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Enable sending email from LimeSurvey with a GoDaddy.com shared Linux host? 2 years 9 months ago #62951

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
Would I need to configure an email account for my domain at GoDaddy.com or will it Just Work if I include a Yahoo account for the admin email address?
Most shared hosting servers have PHP mailer enabled so you can just leave the email method as "PHP (default)".
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Enable sending email from LimeSurvey with a GoDaddy.com shared Linux host? 2 years 9 months ago #63015

• dananrg
  • Fresh Lemon
tpartner wrote:
Would I need to configure an email account for my domain at GoDaddy.com or will it Just Work if I include a Yahoo account for the admin email address?
Most shared hosting servers have PHP mailer enabled so you can just leave the email method as "PHP (default)".

Thanks Tony. I've left the email method as "PHP (default)". Have had 4 survey respondents so far but no email notifications sent to me.

I have this set:
Send basic admin notification email to: <my email address>
Send detailed admin notification email to: <my email address>

Is there something else I need to set to initiate notification emails to the admin (e.g. me) for when a user completes the survey?

Re: Enable sending email from LimeSurvey with a GoDaddy.com shared Linux host? 2 years 9 months ago #63016

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 683
No, that should do it.

Test the basic email functionality by creating a new user in the back end (using one of your email addresses). LS should email the new user a password and login details.

T.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Enable sending email from LimeSurvey with a GoDaddy.com shared Linux host? 2 years 9 months ago #63018

• dananrg
  • Fresh Lemon
tpartner wrote:
No, that should do it.

Test the basic email functionality by creating a new user in the back end (using one of your email addresses). LS should email the new user a password and login details.

T.

Thanks Tony. I checked my spam folder and found some but not all of the notification emails. User error my my part as far as not checking earlier.

Tried to create a user as you suggested. Never received a confirmation email and pw. Nothing in the spam folder, etc. Strange that sending emails would be inconsistent. Or maybe there's just a long delay from GoDaddy.com.

Thanks again.

Re: Enable sending email from LimeSurvey with a GoDaddy.com shared Linux host? 2 years 9 months ago #63021

• dananrg
  • Fresh Lemon
> Tried to create a user as you suggested. Never received a confirmation email
> and pw. Nothing in the spam folder, etc.

Correction. The user pw email finally came through. GoDaddy seems dog slow in sending email. So add impatience to user error on my part.

Thanks again.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
Donation Image